Irresponsible Drone Flyers...

GrumpyGnome

I saw the very brief report about this yesterday on Sky News. A few pieces on it on various newspapers' websites, but that's about it. Clearly media 'drone fatigue' setting in.

Apparently, drones have also been used to spy on football training grounds for tactical advantage and it's claimed that they've been deliberately used to stop games to the advantage of the losing side.

I saw it on MOTD this morning, with the ref spotting the drone hovering above the penalty spot and removing the players from the field. The flight clearly breached the regulations and was highly irresponsible -looks like the operator put a video online so ought to be easy to find.

On 22/01/2023 at 11:31, Don Fry said:

As long as he keeps away from the Six Nations, otherwise I will hunt him down, and perform surgery with one of his rotors.

Does this forum really need these sort of comments? I know it's only a matter of time in this sort of thread before somebody turns into a Saudi Arabian keyboard Rambo, but seriously, what does it gain us?

• Haha 1

Martin, I totally respect your opinion. But you're asking me and many older people like me to drastically change our banter and completely harmless sense of humour to obey the alien rules of a modern society which is apparently determined to change the behaviour of this country to fit in with their own vision. Sorry, but no way.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Solly said:

Martin, I totally respect your opinion. But you're asking me and many older people like me to drastically change our banter and completely harmless sense of humour to obey the alien rules of a modern society which is apparently determined to change the behaviour of this country to fit in with their own vision. Sorry, but no way.

The impression you're giving is that everyone should change their behaviour to suit you? I don't think you're sorry. It's easy to write that from the safety of a keyboard. As is what I just wrote.

18 minutes ago, Martin Harris - Moderator said:

The world has changed vastly since many of us were youngsters. Things which would have been accepted as banter and tub thumping now give offence to many people, even when they’re obviously said in jest. 

Perhaps we need to bear this in mind when posting to a public forum. 

Perhaps if people get upset so easily that's their problem rather than ours?