Best glue for repairing foam hinges

Edgeflyer

Seen in a YT video, for repairing foam model live moulded foam hinges "Homax Professional Clear Welder". Seems ok but has anyone used it? Any other glues? I have in the past used cartridge flexible adhesives of the "StixAll" type. Anything is easier than inserting pin hinges.

Advert

4 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Does uhu por have the necessary flexibility to create a hinge?

Yes it does Phil. I use it extensively for repairing foam hinges. On a smallish foamy shock flyer type I had an aileron tear of leaving a jagged hinge line. For a quick fix at the field I repaired the hinge with Uhu por without cleaning the jagged edges. The hinge has worked perfectly ever since with no problem. I also did the same for a friends MPX Solius glider.

I find Uhu por is a very versatile adhesive and always have some in my toolbox. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well I tried the hinge repair with uhu por as per you tube etc. Waste of time. I yse this glue is for minor repairs. pU glue is usually much better as it wicks into the foam.  Maybe uhu works for small wing aileron hinges but not a pitts special 1400mm. I will revert to what I know, tape and plastic hinges. Actually it surprises me how we rely on these compressed foam hinges on large models. My 2m cub had the same issue.