Radio Modes

Tim Mackey

Ok so maybe not ALL - but the 4 most common ones are here - dont know what happend to the other thread in which this little piccy was posted, but someone has asked for it again so I will "stick" it here.

PS I dont care less what mode anyone flies on, they ll work fine - so just use whichever you feel most happy with  - this is a not a debating thread - just an info thread.

Questions directly connected with the modes as shown are fine, but if peeps start off on " Mode 1 is best - no its not mode 3 is"  etc, then I shall just lock it

Edited By Timbo - Moderator on 06/04/2009 10:25:16

Phil,

Micron already did that in the 1980s for the main pots and auxiliaries (not trims). My PL-7D had precisely that, and used three-pin plugs so that servo reversing was acheived merely by reversing the plug - simple!

It's amazing how we managed before computer radios.

Timbo, you're right about the need for mode changing software - as per your advice to me earlier this year when I bought a JR DSX-9. However, I still have one (nostalgic) foot in the past - see Micron comments above.

Steve

I'm "re-learner" - and a left-hander - and spent a few months this year trying to get to grips with Mode 2 since the overwhelming majority of those at my club are Mode 2ers. After a very dodgy landing, I decided to go Mode 3. My flying has come on in leaps and bounds (or, rather, my landings have come on in leaps and bounds!) and ismore intuitive for me.