Wot ESCs

Nigel Heather

Does anyone know if the ESCs that come with the Wot foamies (Wot4, AcoWot, Wots Wot) are configurable - in particular do you have to 'tell' it the full and zero throttle.

I've looked through the instructions and can't see anything.  I can understand why the configuration could be hard set (non-configurable) but I would have thought you would have to teach it the full and zero throttle position.

I have a motor/ESC setup which I rescued from a Wot4 foamy. The ESC was labelled Ripmax Quantum 40 so I downloaded the instructions which worked to reprogram the brake...

http://www.ripmax.com/Instructions/p-qesc40.pdf

According to these instructions, you can set the throttle range. I'm guessing this is the ESC you have so it's worth a try.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Andy Stephenson said:

I have a motor/ESC setup which I rescued from a Wot4 foamy. The ESC was labelled Ripmax Quantum 40 so I downloaded the instructions which worked to reprogram the brake...

http://www.ripmax.com/Instructions/p-qesc40.pdf

According to these instructions, you can set the throttle range. I'm guessing this is the ESC you have so it's worth a try.

Thanks for the suggestion.  Mine isn’t marked as a Quantum 40, it has Century branding.  I tried the instructions anyway but they didn’t do anything.

I must admit, I don’t recall ever having to set anything up, it just worked.

Cheers,

Nigel