RC Rechargeables - FOR FREE!

A "hidden secret"? hardly, we've been collecting vape lipos for a long time!  'Bob' hasnt been paying attention! 😃

https://mode-zero.uk/viewtopic.php?p=12990#p12990

Last club meeting I gave away 50 of these lipo cells, hopefully people will make use of them... my daughter-in-law gets through vapes faster than I can get through batteries, theres still a hundred or so in an ammo box under the bench! 😄

Edited by Phil Green
  • Like 2

These vapes aren't made to any tolerances Robin, sometimes the cell goes flat first, more often the oil dries up first.

But even 'flat' cells have had maybe 3v left in them and charged no problem, at least for me.

Sometimes they just break or are DOA and you have a full cell and a full splodge of oil, which can be messy to dismantle 🙂  (and smelly!)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phil Green said:

These vapes aren't made to any tolerances Robin, sometimes the cell goes flat first, more often the oil dries up first.

But even 'flat' cells have had maybe 3v left in them and charged no problem, at least for me.

Sometimes they just break or are DOA and you have a full cell and a full splodge of oil, which can be messy to dismantle 🙂  (and smelly!)

Thanks Phil. I was curious why they would use a cell with rechargeable capability if they are not intended to be recharged?
I did find one of these vapes discarded the other day, before I was aware that they contain a rechargeable cell, so a bit of dissection is in order (outside, thanks to your warning!)