Cularis Thrust Line

In the process of repairing my Cularis which has had the nose broken off several times in the past. Whilst the nose has gone back on I seem to have ended up with a significant right thrust and yet more deformation of the original foam. Cant recall what was the original set up was but certainly the glider was a complete pig on the last outing with the with the wing dropping in the launch sequence and the model eventually tip stalling and breaking off the nose once again.

Will spend some time on this repair adding yet more glass fibre to get a stronger joint at the nose break but unclear if I should correct the thrust line to be only 1 or 2 degrees to the right.

Advert

What you suggest should be good. Check your repairs is not moving CG forward to much.

While likely not affecting flight that much it does not help.

I have found that a well loved well used much repaired model will get to a point where extra weight and deviations will result in not behaving like it used to even to the point of being no fun to fly or not even flyable.

Thanks Ace, will check once I have the nose fully glued back on. Currently the upper section forward of the air vents doesn't align at all so I will have to think what can be done to persuade the foam to come together to get a semi reasonable joint.

12 minutes ago, Andy J said:

Thanks Ace, will check once I have the nose fully glued back on. Currently the upper section forward of the air vents doesn't align at all so I will have to think what can be done to persuade the foam to come together to get a semi reasonable joint.

Try boiling water, it makes the foam malleable whilst hot and you can move it around. They used to call it Elapor soup

Bit too late for the hot water technique  as used fiberglass matting to strengthen the joint with a light weight car filler on top to get back to a reasonable appearance. Mount mount still looks considerably offset to the right so will need to attack that area with a new ply plate once the nose joint has been smoothed down.