Seagull Seafire and DB Spitfire for sale

Jon H

As per title i am selling a Seagull Seafire and DB Spitfire as they are not what i am looking for. 

The Seagull Seafire is the 64 inch, new/unflown but it has been assembled. I bought the model in this condition for a very specific purpose (testing my RCV120) and it has proven unsuitable due to insufficient prop clearance. In an ideal world i would gladly keep it, but i simply dont have the room. It comes assembled with mechanical retracts and servo. although functional they could probably stand an upgrade to some electric units but they do work fine. a pair of switches and battery monitor are also installed in the fuselage. The cowl has been cut to suit a saito engine but its been done quite neatly and could always be repaired if you wanted to go electric. a spare cockpit canopy, instructions and all the dummy bombs etc that came with the kit are also included. 

Looking for around £220 which is about half the new price, but can take an ONO

20230701_182308.thumb.jpg.e1755f33707968f50df8624ee0960391.jpg

20230701_182448.thumb.jpg.eeb56bed44421c00aa60c9057b345da2.jpg

The DB Spitfire is a model i bought in its current condition many years ago. I have never got around to finishing it and i now have other kits and projects satisfying my Spitfire demands so this one is available. The fin, rudder, tail and elevators have been built as has the bare skeleton of the fuselage. I didnt build this, but the quality of the construction is good and i would be very happy with it if i have done it myself. The rest of the kit is untouched. plans (more than one set if i remember rightly), cowl, canopy, and ali spinner are all included. No retracts, engine, radio though. Again ideally i would keep/build it as they fly very well (i recently test flew one for a clubmate) but i have 4 other Spits and its just not needed. I need to dig out the kit box and take more photos. If you are interested let me know and i will get the photos over to you. 

This one i am looking for £250. New price £465. 

20230701_183039.thumb.jpg.ab6ddd699db37fbe19f916cfb5b75a14.jpg

Clearly neither of these can be posted and collection from the Laser factory in Hemel Hempstead is likely to be the most convenient as its where i am most of the time! 

If anyone wants any more info or discuss price please let me know

Edited by Jon - Laser Engines
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...

Having another go at listing my partially built DB Spitfire for sale with a better photo. 

Condition is the same as in the OP. I was looking for £250, but am keen to shift it so open to sensible offers. 

20240122_200454.jpg