Vacuum forming machine.

Advert

Hi Paul. My problem is that I live on my boat, so do not have room for old hoovers and heaters etc. That was why I binned the last one. Just looking for something which will do six-inch canopies. Mike.

ps, will look on Utube or maybe ebay. Just wondered if anyone could recommend one make.

Edited by Michael Barclay

5 hours ago, Martin Dance 1 said:

For relatively small canopies likee you describe you can use empty fizzy drink bottles. You need 2-3 litre size. The former and a hot air gun.  cut the bottom off the bottle, place former inside and play hot air gun over it. The bottle shrinks onto the former and you have a canopy.

If you can also squeeze a snall scissor jack  into plastic bottle ( once top and bottom have been removed ) underneath the plug /former then you will be able to really stretch the plastic around the former while heating it. Saw this at a club demo years ago and it worked very well

• Like 1

On 13/07/2023 at 13:32, Martin Dance 1 said:

For relatively small canopies likee you describe you can use empty fizzy drink bottles. You need 2-3 litre size. The former and a hot air gun.  cut the bottom off the bottle, place former inside and play hot air gun over it. The bottle shrinks onto the former and you have a canopy.

Thanks Martin.

On 13/07/2023 at 13:30, Paul De Tourtoulon said:

A boat, interesting I also lived a long time in one, maybe like some do, is a sheet of wood with holes, in your oven and don't tell me you don't have a hoover handy?.

Hi Paul. Actually, I don't have a vacuum. I am too short of space, sharing the boat with ten of my builds, mostly bi-planes like the one shown with a five-foot wing span kind of precludes one!

IMG_20230713_194227_HDR~2.jpg

• Like 1