IMAX B6AC 80W 6A

Advert

There is a load of information online about the counterfeits, and some from Imax.

Imax now have a high quality sticker on their own.

Many of the B6s were found to be safe but 2 things caught my eye.

On the conterfeits, all of the cables provided are of a smaller gauge than the genuine article

And more worryingly, some of the counterfeits checked had a slight overcharge capability.

This is not lipo friendly.

I tested one unit by selecting less of a charge current, and it did cut off satisfactorily, But

Your packs would never be fully charged.

Of all the items we use as modellers, a charger would be the very last thing I choose to go cheap on. How many of our other bits of kit can if they go wrong can burn down a house? There are so many good chargers available now at very reasonable prices - just ensure you use a supplier you can trust who only sells genuine units and choose a reputable manufacturer with some recent history in the marketplace. 

• Like 4

Hobbyking sell two versions of the B6.

For one they state 'Please note: These items are genuine and carry the holographic sticker of authenticity.' & they sell them for £36.83 https://hobbyking.com/en_us/imax-b6ac-v2-professional-balance-charger-discharger-uk-plug.html

and the other is sold as a 'copy' for £24.56 with the statement 'Note: if you would prefer to purchase the genuine IMAX B6AC charger please search for SKU: 9052000068-3'

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/imax-b6-ac-dc-charger-5a-50w-with-us-plug-copy.html

Which version is sold on eBay for less than £20? I think I'd guess at something even more phoney than HK's 'copy'.