Using a slave TX.

Basil

I am hoping someone can answer this. I am using a DX7S (Silver facia) master,  and a slave of a DX6i ( Grey plastic facia ). I assume that the flying characteristics of the plane being flown are set on the master, DX7S. When the slave is in use it uses the data from the master settings regardless of what is on the slave settings. Is this correct. ( Apart from the fine tuning sliders for the sticks). Any body verify this please.

Bas 

Matty is most reliable with flying information Basil

But, as a Spektrum Buddy user, and of this combination

I always test the combination with another competent flyer on the SLAVE

And take note

Every single time, the DX6i has had to have some form of extra trimming.

I do suspect that the stick calibration of both DX are just not the same

As one Tx can have pots more worn than the other.

Just dry run the set up with 2 competent flyers

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MattyB said:

Matty, it is not that I doubted your statement. I had read the manual in the past but I have had conflicting info from fellow users.that the  manual still cast doubts. I am endebted to you in reinforcing the data. I have also had opposing views on the use of a Lipo battery replacement for said DX7s. I say this as my understanding of Lipos means a balance lead is required when charging. Conversations I have had so far are also conflicting the need for said lead and/or the need to remove lipo for charging. Perhaps you could throw some light on this. Thanks again.

Bas

If you select 'Pilot Link Master' on the DX7 (I believe it appears as 'P-Link' in the menu) then the system will (or should*) work exactly as the OP describes. 

This is covered in the extract from the manual that MattyB posted (it's the bit he didn't highlight... 😏)

(* this is Spektrum, remember...)

• Haha 1

Thanks Mike, I have selected Pilot link master.  I have seen the terms before as I have tried to get to grips with the menu items, but you dont always understand what they really mean. I am reluctant  to alter settings without knowing exactly what they mean. A for instance is the voltage warning level. Whilst I was trying things out I set the figure really low and got locked out !!!!!. Took me ages to fathom out haw to get back in.I dont normally fiddle with things for the sake of it  but sometimes its the only way to find how things work. Spektrum is in the minority in my club so awkward when you can only ask on flying day.

Many thanks to you all.

Bas

2 hours ago, Basil said:

I have also had opposing views on the use of a Lipo battery replacement for said DX7s. I say this as my understanding of Lipos means a balance lead is required when charging.

You asked for a definitive answer on your thread about the transmitter battery. Hopefully you have now read my reply to that and understand that an external balance lead for charging a Lipo battery is not required if the battery itself contains internal circuitry to do the balancing.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Nick Cripps said:

You asked for a definitive answer on your thread about the transmitter battery. Hopefully you have now read my reply to that and understand that an external balance lead for charging a Lipo battery is not required if the battery itself contains internal circuitry to do the balancing.

Thank you Nick, the adverts that I have seen and info from persons all fit into place now. There are in fact then 2 different types of Lipo, reflected in the price, no doubt, that have balance leads and those without.

Many thanks for that. You know your onions, so could I stretch my luck and ask what is the lowest voltage that I should set on my TX with Nihn batteries

Once again thanks.

Bas

Edited by Basil

Again the manual is your friend for this sort of information:

image.png.97fbdff504b139f53f5e3b6ad68adb37.png

Having said that, 4.3V for a 4-cell NiMH pack is really a "drop-dead" level and I would not be comfortable with using the transmitter at such a low voltage as the drop-off thereafter could be quite rapid. Personally I would stop using the transmitter and recharge it if the voltage went below 4.8V on the screen display.

Incidentally, I have just looked at my old DX6i transmitter which has not been charged or used for a few months now. It uses 4 AA Eneloop NiMH batteries and the voltage on the screen reads 5.4V.

• Like 2

Nick, thanks . I was hoping the manual would actually give a figure other than the 4.3, to low I  would not feel comfortable about that.. Lately my battery seems to run down very quickly, only  just over a year old.As you can see I was looking at a Lipo but the ones with the built in balancer etc, dont come cheap, about £70 is what I have seen so far, assuming it was the correct type.

Once again thanks.

Bas