Three FW190's

Chris Walby

Busy travelling yesterday and was rewarded is deteriorating weather this morning and no FW190 maidens (can't really blame them!).

image.png.0d89ea022f6d48c764fb5ecc39e623f0.png

image.png.b5c0ce56406b7c0b5774b17d955e3545.png

Two training flights and one with my WR FW190.

In blustery and strong easterly wind where models with gyros and high wingers were earning their keep, the FW190 was outstanding!

Die straight dolly take off followed with loops and rolls plus impeccable rock steady handling the flight characteristics it was an absolute pleasure to fly today. I did chicken out with the low cross wind passes, but some pulls into big loops and half rolls were a lot of fun!

Four minute flight with it mostly at WOT and I only used 32% of a 4S4000 lipo, so come better weather I should be able to loiter around for the other FW190's to form formation or drop in on its prey once its been spotted!

Better get on and finish the paint job...

• Like 3

Advert

1 hour ago, Chris Walby said:

Busy travelling yesterday and was rewarded is deteriorating weather this morning and no FW190 maidens (can't really blame them!).

image.png.0d89ea022f6d48c764fb5ecc39e623f0.png

image.png.b5c0ce56406b7c0b5774b17d955e3545.png

Two training flights and one with my WR FW190.

In blustery and strong easterly wind where models with gyros and high wingers were earning their keep, the FW190 was outstanding!

Die straight dolly take off followed with loops and rolls plus impeccable rock steady handling the flight characteristics it was an absolute pleasure to fly today. I did chicken out with the low cross wind passes, but some pulls into big loops and half rolls were a lot of fun!

Four minute flight with it mostly at WOT and I only used 32% of a 4S4000 lipo, so come better weather I should be able to loiter around for the other FW190's to form formation or drop in on its prey once its been spotted!

Better get on and finish the paint job...

Well done Chris , the windsock says it all !

I'm itching to get the Tempest up . Still pretty turbulent here but any day now . 

• 5 weeks later...

Still not finished as weathering, panel lines and pilot are left to do, but it will be ok for the club day this Sunday as there should be two other WR FW190 there. Lets hope we can get three up at one time and someone on the video!

image.png.2879f86dbde3660e483dbf9495e8ba12.png 

Still not sure about the motor prop choice, but will wait until the Tempest is built and then fit the same size motor.

• Like 2