Phoenix 5 flight sim query

enquisiter

9 minutes ago, Caveman said:

I've upgraded from version 5 to version 6i, all from here for nowt Phoenix Simulator Downloads – RC-Thoughts.com

Version 6i includes the E-Flight Apprentice 15e and S15e. I don't know if they are the one you're looking for, but the S15e has SAFE technology.

GDB

Was that link a free downloaded?  I don't seem able to get it to install.

The download file is not a Windows installation file, it is a copy of a DVD.

To install it go to the RC-Thoughts website and download the Phoenix 5.5 installation file :-

Phoenix_download.thumb.jpg.4a5854dec159e3d18539828851d92cea.jpg

then go further down the page and follow the link to the installation instructions :-

Phoenix_instr.thumb.jpg.ae75684c5fdfee65e53c9a05dc87c26d.jpg

Follow the instructions and you will have a working copy of v5.5. Once it's up and running you can then upgrade to v6.0i

Are you aware that to run the simulator with your transmitter you need a dongle? If not let us know and we can point you in the right direction to get you up and running.

GDB

Thanks all great help. Now installed and upgraded to vsn 6.

Not got a tx yet, looking at getting a spektrum dx6 for my flying and using that on phoenix although no port so wireless dongle needed. Or I just get a cheap tx and order a dongle with cables as you suggest. Any thoughts on a cheap tx icould cable connect. Trying to keep expenditure down as plane and main tx are quite expensive.

1 hour ago, enquisiter said:

Thanks all great help. Now installed and upgraded to vsn 6.

Not got a tx yet, looking at getting a spektrum dx6 for my flying and using that on phoenix although no port so wireless dongle needed. Or I just get a cheap tx and order a dongle with cables as you suggest. Any thoughts on a cheap tx icould cable connect. Trying to keep expenditure down as plane and main tx are quite expensive.

Depends what you call cheap. I use a flysky ix6 with mine, but it needs a din to coax adapter to join to my dongle. Was about £60 with 2 rxs that I can use with my Radiomaster tx