Lipo question

5 minutes ago, Fly Boy 3 said:

Hi all, not knowing enough info on pairing a battery to a model, I would like to know the following.

What 3s mah  lipo for 48 span foam models flown sedately lol.  Thank you.

Any particular model in mind? Space and CoG also need to be considered.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fly Boy 3 said:

Hi Shaun, the Horizan Artizan foamy is first in line with loads of space. Then there is the Pushycat ( lately on forum)

Not quite ready is Peter Millars “Easter Eagle, a glider.  Cheers

The Atrizan recommends 1800 to 2200 mAh and the Easter Eagle power system on 4-Max uses a 1000mAh 3s. the 2200 would probably bo OK for the Pushy Cat too.

The first coupe of posts conjured up an image (for me) of a floaty sport/glider type, but I can see that the Artizan looks a bit more than that! 🤨

All the models mentioned have manufacturer/designer recommendations associated with them, so it begs the question - why the question?  Is google no longer our friend? 

15 minutes ago, Mike T said:

The first coupe of posts conjured up an image (for me) of a floaty sport/glider type, but I can see that the Artizan looks a bit more than that! 🤨

All the models mentioned have manufacturer/designer recommendations associated with them, so it begs the question - why the question?  Is google no longer our friend? 

We aren't all as familiar with the tinternet, Erics had a break and looking for opinions and advice.

Thanks for all the info lads as I do appreciate the gen on electrics in my old age. Been flying for over thirty five years, all ic. Before Google was ever thought of.  All info was shared by our flying friends byword of mouth, not a machine called Google.  
       When my wife of sixty years of marriage passed away. I did have a break. It was so good to communicate via this exellent forum that kept me going on my return.  Thank you all.

A forum with friends beats a machine all hands down.

• Like 3

Well that'll learn me! The little voice in my head told me not to poke, but would I listen? 😄  Sorry for your loss Eric and I'm glad that this kind of activity brings some solace.

Yes, of course the advice of knowledgeable friends should generally be valued above that of some blokes on a forum.  Yet here we are... 😉

• Like 1