Old newbie

nate78

Just a quick hello, 

I live in Coventry, I flew helicopters a good number of years ago and before that played a bit with planes, im looking at getting back into it, my father in law flys at the local club and im going to start going up. 

nate

• Like 3

Sounds familiar, bit of RC as a younger teenager then 40 years later back for an A test.

Bought a number of wanted models only to find its not as quick and easy as I remembered so they are currently waiting for the summer and improved skills.

I  used a Eflite Apprentice, with a Spectrum 4 channel AR410 for the process. Bit of a glider but did the job. Now using a second hand Max Thrust ruckus as my first low wing tail dragger. Pull out the steel nose ballast and drop in the Apprentice 3s 3250mah of which I have a lot.

Welcome back - all of the recent 'new' flyers to the club that I administer the membership stuff for, have been returnees after often quite lengthy periods away from the hobby. Very few over recent years have joined as complete freshmen with no previous knowledge or experience. A slippery slope.