I want to build a kit but dont know which one!!

Advert

Have you looked at Tony's site? www.tonynijhuisdesigns.co.uk . I would go for a single to start with, because the build will be easier and quicker. some of the plans have CNC parts like the 46" spitfire.

This would be a good choice before tackling something bigger like a 60" warbird or a multi engine job.

I would recommend the 36" P-40 from the free plan in April 2005 issue that i have built. flys very smoothly and scale like on a turnigy 140 watt motor. pics here, here and here. Video here.

Andy  - Regardihg your question ! You havn't said what you've built so far so it's difficult to make any sensible suggestions  Have you built anything before / have you flown anything before ?   etc  Have you experience of proper engines or 'lekky stuff  ! ?  Over to Timbo  ! He is a bit of a 'lekky man . Somewhat biased to spekky stuff !  And bye the way I'm not the first to say that (re; Editor )

PS  wonderful weather for flying my little helicopter in 'er indooors' garden  No wind at all ! (the weather that is !)

Hi Andy.....and welcome to our "friendly forum"

Please take a minute to read the various threads we have done to help you get the most from using the forum. Also, you may want to consider filling in a little about yourself on your profile page - you dont need to divulge too much - check a few others for ideas - it will help you to get better response from the other forum users.

Below you will find a few "clickable" links to some of the more relevant beginners pieces, so once again, welcome and have fun. Timbo

Myron

All ive built and flown is ARTF so far. Flying wise been passed my Bronze in August (up in Sunny (freezing) Scotland) So i want a project challenging but not impossible for a first build. I was thinking of something with pre cut CNC stuff. Im pretty good when it comes to building things aircraft technition by trade so it comes in handy to be able to throw tools around

Andy

I'm interested in more WW2 stuff but some of the WW1 stuff looks great. Size wise nothing more than a 60 size really. I did like the look of Tonys Hurricane with a nice 4 stroke in it. But was wondering if it would be a little ambitious for a 1st kit build. Been following your DVII build looks really good have you flown it yet?

Andy

Hi Andy, why not try a flair taube? thats me with mine on my member photo..It will never be true scale, but it's a great chance to add all sorts of scalish  detail. Also, its a great build, as are all the Flair kits that I've tried.. Its big. but very light, mine flies easily on an irvine 40. I've got a nice drawing of the real thing on the wall beside me. If you want a copy, let me know

ernie

Greatplanes kits are well sorted. and you always end with a stronger plane than chinese arfs. Topflite are expensive over here but they too are well sorted kits with a good range of warbirds. Or perhaps something like the chipmonk from airsail. there kits are more of a challenge building wise but the results are rewarding.  Here is a link , they are available in the uk http://www.airsailmodels.co.nz/index.htm

Andy

No probs at all with the build,i had SC 25 up front and it went  like stink,it just wants to fly,it floats for ever,sold it to one of the guys in the club and its still going strong .

Took me about 3 weeks to complete ,plenty of time on my hands being retired.

It was just a bit too fast for my  moderate flying skills so it had to go. 

regards 

Jim