New Power Servos

I have some unused but several years old New Power XL-37HB servos. Does anyone have any experience/ opinion as to reliability of these?

The reason I ask is that I had a model fitted with a different larger version of New Power servos, they operated for about 1 hour then one of them suddenly decided to shift the mid point quite significantly. Fortunately spotted it before flying, I've scrapped it and replaced the others as a precaution as it is a valuable model (to me!)

• 3 weeks later...

Has no-one had New Power servos? I'm not sure whether to use them or not. I've done a short cycling soak test and they seem OK, but I'll give them a longer soak test then decide....... 

I have some of the smaller New Power servos (9g, 17g) installed in foam models. I found that the few faulty ones failed very soon in testing and the remaining ones have lived on without issues. Still, I wouldn't buy them again personally because of those few initial failures.

• Like 1

AS i have posted before i tested some intended for use in the Laser wot4 xl flying test bench. After about 2 minutes of testing i put them back in the box and sent them back to ripmax. 

They were gritty, had poor resolution and did not like to return to centre. I was also able to send them into some sort of fit when i accidentally twanged the stick. After 10 seconds of this they were getting very hot and did not smell healthy at all. 

Futaba, Savox, Hitec. I wouldnt not give anything else a 2nd thought. 

• Like 1

You're scaring me guys. I have a dozen New Power servos in 9g and 17g sizes, some with metal gears, some not. I have had one faulty on delivery, but otherwise all have worked fine, some for a couple of years now. One or two of the metal geared 17gs are are little noisier than the others. The last faulty servo I had delivered, about a year ago, was one of two std sized Multiplex digital servos. Not what I expected.

• Like 2