Blue foam model queastion

Years ago ( could be about 10 years) there was a gifted modeller with surname Wright on this forum. I believe now passed away. He made models called pipe laggers from so called material.  He also made larger and heavier model from half inch blue foam which flew like a dream. At the time I knew absolutely nothing about electrics, so Mr Wright bought all the gear for me and I purchased it from him.

I want to use the motor for another project, but there is nothing on motor to give details.

If any one has built this one I wondered if you have any motor details.  Thank you.

That would have been Tom Wright.  

The easiest solution is to use the same propeller and cell count in your new model.  If the combination isn’t suitable, you could measure the power (watts) with a wattmeter and use that as the top limit for a different cell count/propeller combination - checking that the current (amps) doesn’t exceed the ESC rating. 

Got him, Tom Wright, a gentleman and scholar . The motor is quite large for my purpose, but much better than being too small.  There was a thread on the forum regarding the build if I remember.  Thanks Martin.

Wow thanks Richard, it’s the twin boom job I built and flew years ago. 
     If anyone has info about the motor I would be pleased to know.

At the time I was an electric newbie lol. Learned a little now. The set up from Tom included a 60amp esc. The model was on the heavy side so I would assume the motor was low kv and about 400 watt. Then again  could be completely wrong lol. Thanks.

Thanks EB, sorted on my trusty old iPad. Copied pasted and saved. i do not know if others have built and flown this model, but as a newbie to building in foam and changing to electrics I found it an exellent project indeed, especially the flying.