Map of RC UK suppliers

Hi Timbo

Don't worry it was not a serious suggestion, and even then only on my PC not the server. I might try changing the order / colours that some sites are applied as some people have suggested points that overlap others (incl BMFA & Tonys of Leicester, also SLEC hiding behind another site with an identical post code).

I think the map does already demonstrate the disparity of shops around the country, even accepting the incomplete nature of the map at this point in time.

Mike

Hi Erfolg

It started out as a personal resource, that I could use when I was out in an area I didn't know, so that I could find a local shop to browse.

Later I thought it could be a way (as a new comer to RC, unable to answer deep problems) of helping the forum users and the wider Aero RC community (that sounds a bit heavy but you know what I mean).

I would be pleased to include any additional shops that you think users on this forum would be interested in.

Many thanks

Mike

Hi Chaps

Slightly off topic, I was wondering what people thought to a similar map, but of Model clubs?

I have a short list of clubs around Leicestershire, that I found on the BMFA web site, but no post codes. I know the location of my local club (Market Harborough MAC) but wondered if the locations were not shown for a reason?

I have started another html page plus associated data file (with only MHMAC & BMFA HQ), but only on my local PC. I would not want to be responsible for "advertising locations" if it was unwanted by the clubs.

Mike

Hi Doug

Not sure about different models but on the one I have.

• Connect TomTom device to PC
  • Switch on TomTom
  • Agree to TomTom connecting to PC
  • Backup your TomTom to the PC just in case.
  • Download ov2 file to PC (could copy direct, but I find safer to PC first).
  • copy file to TomTom drive (in the map directory), I can't remember the exact directory name but if you have added any other POI that's where it should be.

It should have a pair of files (the OV2 & a BMP for the logo) of the same name but different extension,

http://forums.modelflying.co.uk/sites/3/images/member_albums/25349/rc-sites.bmp

I just created a small square logo (9x9 pixels) I just copied the file size of another POI pair, and it seems to work OK for me. I haven't added that file to the server yet, as it is pretty simple (I am no artist), but have just attached it above.

NB Please ensure you disconnect the TomTom correctly through TomTom Home (guess how I found that one out)!

Mike

These are the addresses of model shops promised.

• Wonderland
  • 97-101 Lothian rd.
  • Edingurgh
  • EH3 9AN
  • 0131-229-6428

It is big on everything except flying model aircraft, which is a minority

• Models Unlimited
  • 2 North Steet
  • Inverurie
  • AB51 4qr
  • 014067-672277

Not bad at all, but not big as are most southern model shops

• Bobs Models
  • Cotton street
  • Aberdeen
  • AB11 5EE
  • 01224-649779

I could not find this one so no comment, but is there apparently.

Thanks for the Inverness model shop Michael, if I ever return, I will look for it. My daughter has now moved to Aberdeen, so do not go there any more.

Erfolg