Map of RC UK suppliers

Hi All

118 (>50% of all locations) now have a Plane icon (indicates a web link, if available).

NB

I have noticed that it displays the points over two pages, split in alpha order, therefore if you are looking for a retailer above S it maybe on the second page. I am thinking of splitting the sites by location, so that each one would be complete on a single page.

Mike

Mike - thanks for the hard work in developing this and continuing to do so!

I travel around quite a bit so it will come in handy for a snatched half hour when in the UK - most of my travelling is overseas....you couldn't do a world one could you (joke)?

Jon (currently in the Exec lounge at Singapore Airport)

Hi All

Thank you for your comments. smiley

All 220 now have links, if known to me. The new map can be located here. Next week, when back at work, I will place an auto redirect on the old page to the new.

A bit more on the second page, I think only 200 points can be displayed on one page. sad So I may have to split in a logical way, or some people may not notice some points that maybe of interest on the second page. I was thinking of England / Other, if only because the size would work.

Thoughts/suggestions/additions/corrections appreciated.

happy landings

Mike

Hi flyeruk

Thank you for your post, Phoenix are already on the map, but there are two shops near Newton Abbot, and Pheonix are partly obscured by BEKRA R/C.

There are other icons I can use but I thought the plane was appropriate, and is only available in blue as standard in Google Maps. Trying a shopping bag, what do you think?

Best wishes

Mike

Edited By Michael Hickman on 14/04/2012 21:50:56

Hi Jon

In theory it is perfectly OK, the map seems to display all icons but the list is split into pages of 200, in order of when added.

• I am happy to add international points, but any to be added would need to locatable on Google Maps.
  • KML files can be imported, if anyone has any links already in this format.
  • It is possible to allow additional contributors to add/correct a map if they have a Google Apps account (must have access to Google Maps).

best wishes

Mike

• 11 months later...

Hi Piers

I have added Flitehook to the A to Z but as they do not display a physical address, I have not added to map. I will contact them to see if they agree /correct the entry or supply an address.

I have email Eddie & Judy for similar reasons. (did I read somewhere recently that the business was for sale?)

many thanks and

happy landings

Mike