Map of RC UK suppliers

Hi Romeo Whisky

Thank you for your comments, and also the update, I'll add to the local site tonight but I can only upload when at work (Monday). I have not been able to open the the web site, but this may be a temporary fault. Always pleased to add more sites rather than remove.

Club & Field Map
Arno Bertz, does compile an international data file of clubs / flying fields, for import into Google Maps. I have a link on my site, it would be possible to extract data and convert into a Flash map, BUT some clubs may not want this information available.

The BMFA were working on a similar idea but I do not know if any progress has been made.
happy landings

Mike

Edited By Michael Hickman on 21/01/2011 21:05:12

Edited By Michael Hickman on 21/01/2011 21:06:41

Nice work

Nick 

Edited By Circus Bear on 25/01/2011 16:18:14

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Hi Romeo

The site is OK, (for me anyway , I am using IE8) but the link on the first page did not work when I tried Firefox. I'll take a look, I know I did have issues with \ or / with some browsers and perhaps when I changed some of the frames I made a typo.

Try a direct link to the map.

Thanks for heads up.

Mike

HI RW

I found and corrected a \, but was still not working correctly last night. However today after I cleared the cache etc it works OK for me on IE 8.0.6001.18702, Firefox 3.0.10 & Chrome 10.0.648.204

I do wish that all the browsers could stick to the same standards! I tend to just test on my main browser IE 8 at work, I know it is lazy but if it works in one why not all the others.

happy landings

Mike

• 1 month later...

Hi All

I've just added a new method of requesting an addtion or update. There are now two forms available, which update spreadsheets, which I can then use to populate the main spreadsheet, and from there the web site.

I would appreciate your comments on the new forms and also any updates that you have.

Happy landings

Mike

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi All

The University hosting my web pages, is removing the server that hosts staff personal pages. I am therefore i the process of editing the current site and publishing new pages on Google Sites.

I am not able to use the current "Flash Map", so I am currently populating a Google Map.

It's still in progress, most locations have been included, but adding the html required to link to the websites (these use the plane icon) is more time consuming.

I will be adding an automatic link from the old map site, once the new one is complete.

Please let me know what you think.

happy landings

Mike

Edited By Michael Hickman on 12/04/2012 15:14:08