LEG Jart Build

Matthew,3M77 spray adhesive is identical in strength and chemical make-up as 3M Display Mount.This is 3M77 in an alternativr can.I can buy this from my local drawing office supply shop(disp'mount) I think I also paid less for it as well.Next day del as well if they haven't got it an no carriage cost

This info is available from the 3M web site if you go into the tech data part of their web site Display mount is aimed at people who set up conferences and symposiums etc. It is the same "strength" as 3M77 and has the same "glueing" power.It is the same adhesive!.This info was passed on to me some time ago by my brother in law who used to be a scientist employed by N.A.S.A.I have been using Display Mount for a number of years.NOTE OF CAUTION ---DONT confuse this with SPRAY MOUNT which is a different beast entirely.

Happy sloping.Our club is intending to have a combat raid on an adjacent club tomorrow,but as usual,the winds in the wrong direction and lots of precipitation is forcast.Oilies and wellies day methinks if we can find a suitable S facing slope.Wind strength o.k.-force 5 to 6.

Right - Slope fogged off so here are the relevant parts of the data sheets regarding chemical composition of the 3M display mount and 3M 77. Not the same I'm afraid. Which may explain why I never had good results when I used to use display mount!

display mount:

non volatile components   (trade secret)   20-30%

Acetone 15-20%

Propane 15-20%

Naptha (petroleum) 7-13%

Dimethyl Ether 7-13%

Hydrotreated Naptha 5-10%

Butane 3-7%

Pentane 1-3%

IsoButane 1-5%

IsoPentane 0.5-1.5%

n-Hexane 0-0.4%

3m 77

Acetone 20-30%

Non Volatile Components (trade secret) 20-30%

Propane 15-25%

2-Methylpentane 10-20%

Cyclo Hexane  3-7%

3-Methylpentane 3-7%

2-Dimethylybutane 1-3%

3-Dimethylbutane 1-3%

n-hexane <0.8%

The 3m77 is also a 500ml can compared to the Display mounts 400ml.

Andy

Crikey. You can't hide in this forum, can you?

As it happens, I do happen to be charging a couple of models (and tx) - after putting some extra hours to try and buy some time for tomorrow - that Lee is as sharp as a tack, ain't he?  Here's hoping for a kind westerly at Pole Cott... I have a Fox that needs flying .

Goodies arrived today as promised - Stan has done a sterling job for me. Guess what I am ordering off him in the morning...? (see other thread).

Thoughts now drift to things 2.4 (this is my first 2.4 set), and as to how to site the Rx (x2) in all that foam. Should I be concerned that I will be unable to see the bind LEDs? I take it the Rx will beep at me to let me know all is well. As it stands, I have quite a bit more reading to do - there appears to be a short novel in the box with the radio. I also have a new all-singing flight batt charger, and need to make up some leads for the 5 cell.

I will try and post some pics of test layouts for the radio - but tomorrow may well be a mix of a mad morning's work followed by some flying, then back to work again! Got to pay for all these bits somehow. I would welcome comments on the radio layout (that's YOU, Tim - as you appear to be our resident expert on all things Spektrum  )

There is NO beep from the Rx at all - ever.

Once bound correctly, the Rx will NOT lose bind unless YOU do something to cause it

- as stated remember to remove the bind plug after binding...we have all done that one

The aerials embedded in foam will be fine - and safer from the rocks...however for extra peace of mind, you may want to have the tips outside.

Unless you use some ingenuity on installation you will not be able to see if the LED (s) ever blinks at you - however if it does, it merely indicates a brown out occurred, nothing else. This is not really that serious ( or even likely with a 5 cell pack ) as Q/Connect ensures instant recovery in less than the blink of an eye.

Use the correct switch on procedure as below, and when the control surfaces move as directed - your good to go.

1) Tx on first - wait at least 15 seconds.

2) Rx on - wait a few more seconds...check for control - go play.

3) If no control repeat 1 and 2 with the TX slightly further away from the model.

Of course to follow the procedure to the absolute letter...one should always do a full range check before every flight - but hey - who does that ?

- liar