LEG Jart Build

No problemo with the Spekky in foam at all Matthew, but I suggest that you use either the AR500 DSM2 with  true twin aerial  signal diversity...or ( if it will fit ) the AR 6200 / AR7000 with satellite Rx. The 7000 has end pin connections, whereas the 500 for some silly reason has only top pin...depends on how you intend to install really.

Repsonse recovery time on the 500 is suspect on many units in the UK and abroad, although reception is superb - whereas the 7000 will be rock solid and instant recovery from any potential brown outs.

Try and use 6V decent capacity battery, especially if planning cold winter sessions up a big mountain

Matthew,

The AR500 DSM2 reciever is only five chanel which is fine if you don't need flaps, spoilers or flapperons.

If you do need these, then go for the 6200 which has an aux1 chanel for flaps etc - I went for the 6200 in my Blizzard.

As Timbo says, it has top pin connectors and dual receivers which need the antenna at right angles to each other.

I am not totally sure, but I think the Jarts do not normally have rudder, and some say the spoilers / flaps are pretty ineffective - so witha bit of tx mixing, I reckon you could probably get away with a 5 channel RX ?

EG: throttle stick could be used to activate these controls IF you fit them

As far as I knew - and we need Andy E here - a hot moulded PSS F20 evolved into the Jart we see today, or Reed was inspired by the F20 directly - either way the Tigershark lines are in there, right down to the tailpipe. Reed removed any superfluous bits such as intakes and stretched the whole thing out - et voila - PNF heaven!

Interesting.... I honestly did not know that story.

My comments were not intended to sound sarcastic, but merely reflected the fact that the "plan view" would show a very different wing between the F20 and the Jart - somewhat unsurprisingly considering the tiny but very sexy wing area of the Tiger !