source for SIG Koverall or similar

Evening all. I am trying to locate a UK stockist of SIG Koverall but without any success so far.  I have heard good things about its properties but finding it is another matter. Does anyone know of a lesser known stockist ?   

If not, can anyone suggest another product that is similar. I am looking to cover the rear fuselage of a Brian Taylor Hurricane so i am looking for a robust covering that wont suffer like SolarTex on hot days and offers some strength to the structure without any sagging/bubbling. Any suggestions appreciated 

Rich

hurricane.jpg

Advert

I last bought it nearly 20 years ago from Pegasus Models in Norwich - and they were the only people who carried it then.  It's joined the ranks of 'unobtainium' following events to which no blame can be attributed...

Re alternatives, I understand 'Diacov' can be obtained with and without backing adhesive from several sources, including Sarik.  No doubt someone with first hand experience will be along soon to confirm or correct suitability! 🙂

Edited by Mike T
sp.
  • Like 1

Diacov (Sarik) is the covering with a heat activated adhesive backing, so applied in a similar manner to Solartex.

Diatex 1000 is the same material but without the adhesive, so is applied in the same way as Koverall. Ceconite is similar I believe. It can be obtained from full-size aviation suppliers, and comes in a width of a couple of yards.

When applying Diacov, and presumably Diatex, you will need a few new knife blades. As soon as the blade gets slightly dulled the material doesn’t cut cleanly, and frays, giving a ‘hairy’ edge.

Brian.

• Like 1