X9D 2019 Vs RX8R and SR10 Frustration

payneib

Evening All,

I've just spent another fruitless evening trying to get £150 worth of Rxs to work with my X9D 2019.

I had two RX8R Pros working fine, until I had to update my internal module firmware to ISRM v2.1.10 in order to register/bind a new ACCESS SR10 Pro. This caused the two ACCST RX8s to unbind, one of which was flashed with ACCST D16 v2.1.1, and rebound - it's since been flying and still works now, along with the SR10.

I now have one RX8R Pro mounted but not flying, and two new RX8R Pros, which regardless of what firmware they're flashed with, will not bind with the Tx. 

I'm completely out of ideas. The only thing I can think of, is if there's a possibility of copying the working Rx to flash the other three. Or maybe I'm not binding correctly and the working one was a fluke. Or maybe there's a problem with the three Rxs (although one was working before this all started).

I think my next best option after this to change everything back to nice cheap FlySky radio kit that just works, and just give up on the fancy talking radio because it's massively over complicated.

If anyone has a simple answer that'll get all of my Rxs working with my TX, that'd be great.

Advert

Have you tried flashing the receivers with the UNI firmware? This eliminates the issue of different ACCST versions and LBT etc. Note that with the UNI firmware, you can bind the newly-flashed receiver (so you get a solid green LED) but you won't get any servo operation until you activate it using a code that you get from T9 or Aloft Hobbies.

Also, sometimes a receiver won't bind if it is too close to the transmitter during the attempted binding process. Try them a few feet apart.

Brian.

In my experience, it's important to have a metre or more distance between the tx and rx when binding the RX8R.

They're also prone to swamping if you're too close to the model when testing/setting up, giving nuisance 'telemetry lost ' announcements. 

I've heard that the uni firmware doesn't do this - Mike??

Kim 

So there's good news and weird news:

I flashed the Uni firmware on to all three Rxs and all three bound fine. The good news is, that the (old) mounted Rx started working immediately, which I assume means it's one I bought from T9 and was already unlocked for Uni firmware.

The two new Rxs, both bound and I ran the setup script. The weird bit is, I got the same unlock code for both. Is that normal? Or should it be separate codes?

It is quite possible. The 12-character code is from the processor unique ID, but to use it in full would result in a 20-character code, so the 12-character value may be the same on two receivers, particularly if the processors are from the same batch. This is quite possible if they were purchased at the same time.

Mike

• Like 1

That’s good news. I’m glad that you got it sorted.

They do work straight out of the packet, but you have to have the correct, matching tx firmware.

Mike’s UNI firmware overcomes that issue.

Brian.