Wings and Wheels show????

Advert

Is that info correct?   My understanding is that the North Weald show was cancelled but the name was put to a show in Lutterworth.   This months RCME lists the Lutterworth show for 29th and 30th June.   I presume that show will happen - unless there is news to the contrary..........

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, kc said:

Is that info correct?   My understanding is that the North Weald show was cancelled but the name was put to a show in Lutterworth.   This months RCME lists the Lutterworth show for 29th and 30th June.   I presume that show will happen - unless there is news to the contrary..........

Yes it is correct I'm affraid KC......The show was taken over by Martin Thompson..... location was moved to Lutterworth due to an issue with holding it at north weald but has now had to be cancelled so No Wings & Wheels Show This Year... ( see website )

https://wingsnwheels.net/

Edited by GaryW

This month's Aeromodeller magazine has an article about the cancellation of the show.

I can't reproduce due to copyright but in it Martin Thompson says that while he had the support of the aeromodelling community he outlines some of the difficulties he encountered from the 'non-aeromodelling' sector with regards to risk assessments, safety, first aid, etc etc and the 'sheer time & expense' involved. In the end it proved too much and he cancelled the show personally loosing the £20,000 he had invested to the point of pulling the plug.

• Like 1

Not good news for others thinking about starting a new commercial show or having a go at reviving W&W themselves.  Can't really see any new large shows as we had in the past coming about with the costs, risks and expenses that seem to be so huge these days. Not limited to our sector of course - so many things falling by the wayside. C'est la vie.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can’t believe what a mess this is. I had an email two days ago from 10times asking if I was still going to the Essex venue !!

But got all prepared to go to Lutterworth tomorrow and now find it’s cancelled !!!