Awesome weather - how much flying are you getting in?

Monikie Ducks canceled the splash-in they had planned, frozen water. So, I went to our Sunday site instead. You wil all be pleased to know that the Sky was a briliant blue with just a few fluffy white bits over the mountain tops. After a cold start off came the hat and gloves, hooray, the Sun has some heat to spare at last.

A sparkling good day indeed with my "Panic".

Ps, the skiers and snow boarders were keeping "Nevis Range" active, we could see them from our flying site.

Advert

Posted by enrico on 21/02/2010 16:20:05:
Been up the coast today and allmost got snowed in! ,but found a range of sanddunes that you could allmost fall off bothsides. Wind forcast tomorrow is east so if  im not snowed in will give it a go.
 Enrico, there was some fair old snow showers this afternoon. Must have been a bit dodgy getting down that track!!! Did you think i was kidding you on about the snow???

Four of us at the Sluice for a bit of light wind sloping. Enrico, Wor'Keith, PatMac and me.

10 MPH slightly off the hill. Still, was good fun and a decent chat on a bright but chilly afternoon. 

Missing was one Ken Anderson. Last seen with a thumbprint on his head and a pinny round his waist

Edited By Andy Freeman on 22/02/2010 19:10:29

today apparentley the laughing assasin struck again...i was told on good authority...while i was keeping the home fires burning...i will hopefully be there later in the week to re-claim my crown.......A Freeman wiil be getting reported to timbo for slur's against my good name......the 'guppy' drawings are ready.......and at the min we have no Snow.................        'ss

king kenny anderson.....deputy of the hill top posse/not ne 1......... 

Met Office. Really bad weather for most of Scotland North of Glasgow/Edinbugh.

Getting white outside and is to keep snowing till tommorrow noght with heavy drifting in places.

I would bet that the Ski Centres bosses and staff are rubbing thier hands with gleefull expressions on thier faces.

The slopes have been solid white for weeks now and this will add more time to thier season.

Reduces my flying tho'

4 of us went soaring at filey on tuesday fantastic day even if a bit cold many broken aircraft and daves hawk landing was not to be missed i will post photo later and mikes A10 did wonders for international relations with the dutch. mikes sat nav didn't seem to work that well either. but the tea and blue berry muffins along with the great laugh made for a great day out
thanks 

Only because most people are looking for an excuse for a day off!!!
Using the H and S as a reason.
I wish they would grow up. Lets not stop because of the  lame excuse for weather some of us are having. Hey in summer we will have ONE day of sun and there will be mayhem. HOTTEST SUMMER FOR 3days!!!! i can just see the headlines.
Oh well could be worse.

Joined the other Loonies wading through 15cm of snow to reach the strips. Cammy 'Dibnah' Lang flew his Weston Cougar fitted with skis. Video of some spirited touch and go action.

Edited By Andy Ramsay on 01/03/2010 00:16:57

Edited By Andy Ramsay on 01/03/2010 00:21:57

Sun is shinning in Essex.  Forcast not bad.  A week off work.  New Wellies packed in the car, 'cause I know the patch is gonna be extra soggy after 2 days rain. About an hour and a half to go and I'l be flicking the prop on my new SC.46 in my Wot T.

Fingers & laces crossed !

BB

Had a goodun DA    Weather was like a summers day !  Best of the year so far
Engine ran fine (for new & a bit rich) from the off.  4 flights before the Sun got in the way, and a dead stick.  Need to make a mount for the camera to stop the shake.   Will post vids later.

And its my birthday.  So all in all a success.  Now for a  or

BB

Im (hic   getting there DA !  Though gonna be sensible.  Don't want to anger the gods and have their minds changed by bourbon ! 

Cheers Gary - Vid processing as I type.  Fingers crossed along with everything else for the 'morrow

BB