The Cafe

Former Member

Terence, back in the day when I was more intelligent than I am now.  I used to build bespoke PC's for high end Bluechip clients.  Generally theres only 2 reasons for a CPU  fan 'locking'.  Poor placement (ventilation) & smoking.

Ken, Can't help with the tartan paint.  But, Poly reckons his toothpaste is strippey - the fool !!! 

Mind you I just found a can of strippey  Magnolia - what are the odds 

BB

(Haven't a clue how to spell stipy !!!!!!!!)

Edited By Basildon Biggles on 03/08/2009 20:23:42

Advert

If you r on the slope and things are getting boring, we have a great ploy on our local slope if someone turns up and they have the audacity to ask what the lift is like we all answer " shed loads mate, you could fly a brick " then we sit back slurp tea and see there face drop as they launch into sink. the language is usually very colourful !!! LOL

Well. puter working OK, then printer throws a fit, it was the video card fan that ran dry and siezed up, original lube turned to glue.
Printer grab bar twisted and wouldnt pick the paper up, a small adjustment wiv a big crowbar type screwdriver fixed that, it helps having worked on the assembly lines at BSA in Birmingham.

Got missus down with none-pig sniffle flu (I think), and me running around with Sciatica so we are all banjaxed in this house at present, even the cat has a runny eye and i have to keep teabagging it, its getting better slowly,

regards,       Terry

Terence, I daren't tell you what - Teabagging means in so called modern english.  If I did.  Phil would cry a lifetime in a corner of the room !  Timbo, would put his fingure through the mouse!  And, D. Ashby would turn prespitorian !!!

BB

Ahh,well, its an old remedy going back to me grannies day, instead of going to the doctor which cost money eye infections were treated by using tea left over in the pot on a lump of cotton wool.
The tannic acid works well actually in sterilising eyes and is harmless, our old Persian is prone to eye problems because he has big round eyes that catch all the trash in the air,

regards,    Terry

Changing the subject.  Heres not what to do with captive bolts.  Working a 4 on 2 off pattern (nights) I do find it a little difficult to stay awake sometimes.  However this morning I decided to put a couple of ''safes' up on a wall.  Im off tonight & tomorrow. 

Anyhoo....

Got the tools.  Got the drill bits.  I know what Im doing !

Measured out with a template.  Checked ALL square.  Drilled.  Loveley job.  Couldn't be more true !

So, now tell me, why Oh why my brain left me, and I clouted the damned things in upside down, spring washers an'all.  Oh, did I forget to say I had already prepared said area with a mix of 'No-nails' and 'Silicone' !!!

Inbetween posts I dumbly stood watching this stuff - go off !!  Right up untill I realised I'd hammered home the captive bolts !!!!!!!!!!!!     UPSIDE-DOWN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tomorrow will be a day of contemplation and I'd like to think extrapulation.

What hope !!!!

BB

(nobby- Me Essex ! !  C'mmon - I is thick i tell ha !)

Edited By Basildon Biggles on 03/08/2009 23:06:34

I found a cartridge from a RATOG unit near Birmingham airport when I was a kid, it looked just like a great big brass shell casing off an artillery field gun but on the end was a plate with holes in like a pepper pot, I think my dad weighed it in for scrap....
wonder what it would fetch on eBay today?...

regards,     Terry

BB

The build is going very slow as it is 200 miles away! I've been working away a lot this last few weeks so its keeping me from my pleasures. I anticipate flight readiness in about 3 hours of solid effort (i.e. while SWMBO is out), dependant upon engine. I am however currently chatting with Grumpy Myron, as I might switch to Electric power......

'goes to wash fingers, with soap"

Olly

A few years ago, I found the back end of some U.S rocket-type projectile whilst snorkelling in Cyprus. I thought, "That'd make a nice ornament" - then thought of all the pain to come at the airport, so threw it back

By the way, what's a Scotsman's favourite pudding?

Tart' n Custard.............

Pete

At the flying field 2 Sundays ago a guy had a lovely ARTF flying Boat.Recommended engine 70 to 90 4 stroke.He fitted 70 4s Saito.Took the whole of the patch to struggle into the air,grossly under powered.Last Sunday arrives again with a 90 4s Saito.This time it couldnt even get off the ground and took the undercarriage clean off.Hows that work then?