The Cafe

Former Member

Advert

Im looking forward to this years flying very much.Ive a good selection of models ready,Ive advanced a long way since last year,and Im better prepared all round.I have 3 models  needing work for the scale day.I recently bought a Flair Puppeteer from a club mate but didnt ask which engine he had fitted.Its important to me to fit the identical engine he had because its so perfectly built I dont want to alter it at all.

Stephen
I bet if you give the mounting hole dimensions etc  out on the thread some one will say Hey that's the same as mine .I can tell you one thing- If it was a 52-60'ish fst it's more than likely there'll be some bumps in the ali cowl or some slots for the rocker box for clearance and cooling  My sc 52 fst fits in complete with exhaust (big gap at the bottom!) with a couple of bumps I hammered into the cowl for air flow . Perfect combination in my opinion with an oversized prop (14") to run at lowish revs  There is a picture of it on my photo album I think & Albert -the pilot if you don't have one

Thanks Myron,my SC 52 doesnt seem to fit,the carb gets in the way,Ive also an OS 56 ,the new design,but that doesnt seem to go in either.As you correctly state,Geoff the builder has panel beaten the Cowl to clear the rocker box,but something is wrong somewhere so I hope to make contact with him soon.

I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who can't seem to be bothered to do a bit of research for themselves before asking a question on this and other forums. It's not as if it's difficult, for goodness' sake - type the keywords into the Google search box and you normally get several thousand responses in a fraction of a second - and the answer's often on the first page!

Technical questions, yes, of course - if you need a solution to a problem or want an opinion or expertise, that's fine. I've done it many times myself and will no doubt do it again.

The sort of question that bugs me is the "Where can I buy X?" or "Does anyone sell Y?" when it seems no effort has been made by the questioner to look for themselves. I'm only too willing to help when I can and Google more often than not produces the answer very quickly but I do ask myself whether they've even tried sorting it for themselves.

Rant over - I was going to say I was just feeling grumpy but I'd probably get modded - or Myron would claim copyright

Pete

Pete I agree.
Threads start with a simple question . the best thing done recently was the beginners threads . that stopped alot of questions.
Some threads should be discussed in here rather than starting a new one. eg anything to do with cats and kitchens

Posted by kiwi g on 04/04/2010 05:10:10:
Pete I agree.
Threads start with a simple question . the best thing done recently was the beginners threads . that stopped alot of questions.
Some threads should be discussed in here rather than starting a new one. eg anything to do with cats and kitchens

poor kiwi has gone back to the dark side by the sound of thing's..........cat's and kitchen's was one of the only Bespoke threads posted recently........and showed the quieter side of our hobby-as well as showing all a handy hint-all for the same price etc.....tsk tsk........never the less have a nice easter.......

ken anderson.......... 'sss         

Edited By ken anderson. on 04/04/2010 07:58:49

Edited By ken anderson. on 04/04/2010 08:12:49

Aaaahhh yes ,the force is strong in this one , o bee ken kkknowbby.
Hee he . I enjoyed that thread  alot too.
The lighter side is good but I thought thats what the cafe was for.
One has to say there is a large number of threads on here and finding the topic one is looking for can be a nightmare,
Im just agreeing with pete b

Righto off to the kitchen to cook the fish we just caught

Subject ... "where can I buy X",  well it appears that some people are looking for a particular " X " and I have done the same, Why? because if you "google x" then you get a thousands X's and a million X's + Xa's, in the "X' factor, there will be 100 or more places that sell them, of course none for your requirment, that is after one has spent the entire evening and into the wee hrs looking for the correct " X ", So frustation leads to a call for help, on this site and others, hoping some one out in the many members we have, knows EXcatly where to puchase the " X " one needs,.
Not every shop advertises all their products and not everybody has or can have the luxury of model "window" shopping, and then there is I out in the remotest parts, where once a year, a city comes into one's eyesight, so if it is the case that you are sick of "helping another modeler" just put a notice up, " all questions can be asked, none will be replied to"  
A.A.Barry

Posted by Stephen Grigg on 05/04/2010 09:07:42:
Look it up on Google Ken

hello stephen-i've tried a couple of times----and like phil say's it comes back with loads of stuff......had a go at trawling through some of the link's.....but couldn't find the answer----so after reading poly's post...decided to ask on here(might be a mechanic)...forum member.....

ken anderson ne 1..

stephen-the dip stick keep's jumping up about 1 in....in times gone by i would have said it was back pressure on the engine which would spell.....but apparently it's caused by the crankcase breather been blocked...due to winter...emulsifying oil etc....

ken anderson......... ne 1...i'll be down at your's in about 7 hour's...