Speccy bind plugs

ericrw

Advert

Thanks Phil;  I expected that to be the case but my confusion arose because I bought a Spetrum tranny which included a receiver and a bind plug.    And asI want to purchase another receiver for another 'plane I didn't know for sure as to wether I needed another bind plug.  I now know!!  Eric.

Yep Eric, it's only needed whilst you do the actual bind operation. Once bound you take it out and the rx and tx should remain bound. Hence why you can use it to then bind another rx. I've bought quite a few rx so I have a bag full of bind plugs, but only ever needed one.

Remember to take one with you to the field though. You may never need it but once I lost the bind to two receivers - no bind plug, keep one on a keyring or somewhere where you won't forget to take it

• 3 years later...
Posted by Tony Cooper on 25/02/2013 11:02:59:

The two outside ones, (signal and ground)

make sure the middle one is left isolated, or the magic smoke will escape.

Note bind plugs are only required for the Receivers the small all in one micro BnFs don't use a bind plug, but if you switch the Rx before the transmitter they automatically go into bind mode if they don't see their transmitter, which is why it's important to switch the Tx on a few seconds before the BnF model to prevent that.

I keep a spare bind plug on the ctach between my neck strap and Tx, if you have a bind plug with you they seem to prevent the recievers from losing their bind, well at least mine have never lost their bind and i always carry bind plug with me, wink

• 3 weeks later...

As an emergency solution, I was told and can confirm that it works that you can also set the bind function of the receiver by plugging in a servo into the battery connection on the receiver and plugging in the battery into a spare servo plug. Once bound swap back the battery and servo connection to normal.

Another idea I have heard off is if you need to bury a receiver into a fuselarge, plug the battery into a spare servo slot and put a extension lead into the battery connectoin to position which you can get to. Allows the binding to be carried out without having to un-bury the receiver.

As Gemma said after a while you end with a good few of them. I keep one in my flight box, repair box and yes one my wallet. A few times when down the club visiting without any kit you will be suprised by how many people ask for a bind plug and having one in your wallet can be a life saving for a fellow club member.

Mike