So what are you doing right now?.

Terence Lynock

Advert

Posted by Gemma Fairchild on 20/06/2009 22:22:39:
I was dowloading piccies from my camera. Been teaching hubby who is usually a techno phobe how to use the camera with a view of getting some inflight shots of my models. Earlier did get out flying for a bit, but has been a bit windy, grey and showery here also.

Still in a calm moment we tried some in inflight shots in the garden, I think he's getting the hang of it

That's such a pretty heli - what is it?  (I sold all my heli stuff a while ago, but now that I can actually fly and land other planes, sometimes I wonder if I should...?).

Chris

If you got a Skysport 6A Mode 2 you wnna flog let me know Chris, just sold a mode one that turned me favourite PSS glider into a lawn dart -  when what you think is elevator turns out to be the throttle............

regards,      Terry

Edited By Phil Wood - Moderator on 21/06/2009 16:11:39

Nahh....Mode 4? I usually fly Mode 2 with elevator on the right/throttle on the left but tried this Mode 1 Skysport 6A cause I liked it more than my 6EX and thought I could get used to it but old habits and all that.
Just when I needed to pull the nose up to avoid ye olde hard object I got motor instead than drove it in even faster, not much left to put back together so built this instead;

Still have the control runs to connect up and wing fixing to arrange, the original Triple Threat 2 had a one piece wing but I split it with a narrow centre section so I can get it in the car easier.,

regards,       Terry

Trying to find some info on a SUPER FLYING MODELS LIGHTNING, a sport/patternship trainier type thing, low wing for a 28-40LA engine it says on the box, manual in Chinglish... Nothing on web, anyone got one, see one, heard of one...?
picked it up at rougham for £35, was planning on not flying it for loops and things but rather speed. Other than that not alot!

Posted by Terence Lynock on 21/06/2009 16:00:31:
If you got a Skysport 6A Mode 2 you wnna flog let me know Chris, just sold a mode one that turned me favourite PSS glider into a lawn dart -  when what you think is elevator turns out to be the throttle............

regards,      Terry

Edited By Phil Wood - Moderator on 21/06/2009 16:11:39

Terry, sadly these are those el cheapo units you get with ready-to-rock-and-roll kits, not worth much...

Posted by Timbo - Moderator on 21/06/2009 17:57:26:
Its this one then Terence.

Dusty lol!!

Ya was looking for any hints and tips and see what engines/motors guys are flying on, its just plastic glued with a glue gun to cheapo ply, but has potential to be a decent "hack" and no  if lost!!

At the moment LOOSING interest in it! So...

just started a 48hr shift at work, and i am busy finishing, a seagull jumper trainer, for the young person, he is helping me with it. and hope to get it test flown tomorrow,    i am very fortunate, to have a job were i can assemble and fly model planes.  regards weasel...

Trying to work out how to hinge the ailerons on a Flair  Bristol F2B. They are top hinged, obviously, but no details in the plans. I would be very happy if anyone out there who has built this kit could give me a steer as to how a set of secure ailerons can be assembled. I tried to use the Flair website but it appears the last update was around 2005-6?. Thanks   Gerry.

Edited By Gerard York on 21/06/2009 21:19:22

I flew my Toucan earlier and i'm waiting to get the wing for my Decathlon back tomorrow so i can fly that.  Also trying to decide whether or not to recover the wing on the toucan, as i'm going for a neatening job on it.  Got a Graupner Chipmunk arriving this week too, so looking forward to giving that a try.

Thanks to all for the replies. I can see that the preferred option is the tape system and I will go that way. But I must admit, having been building for some decades and always used "real" hinges "of one sort or other, the fabric/film solution  does give me some uneasy moments. I once built a full size Issacs Fury and the hinges on that  were so simple, 1/4 inch steel rod, drilled for a split pin and they worked quite happily at 120 knots!  Happiness is bolt shaped!  Thanks again Guys

Hi Eric

I often have the same problem regarding download cables(Couldn't find my Fuji compact one either! ).  Why dont you use a card reader. I have a 5 in 1 on my lap top. The other week I picked up a 23 in 1 as a back up. Saves hunting around for all those cables. (providing you have a memory card in your camera) Just plugs into any usb port -Covers about every card size on the market. Good site for other stuff too!    CLICK HERE

Al

Edited By Alan B on 22/06/2009 08:52:50