Blackhorse Super Air

Ive lost me Super Air.It lost signal after my first and perfect take off and  stated to practise approaches.Ihad an instuctor with me and it suddenly went out of control.He grabbed the controller from me seemed to gain it but then lost it again.Its gone down in rape seed and my legs ran out of puff searching.The instructor even climbed up a tree but couldnt see it. More searching tomorrow

Advert

Sorry to hear of your loss.  OK its after the horse has bolted, but Lost Model Finders are worth their weight in gold.

My Boomer went down tonight in the dreaded rape and at some distance from the box.  I had a fair idea of where but thought this was not going to be easy  as I am a bit deaf and have an aid.  Luckily  my 11 year old Grandson with me and we found it very quickly thanks to his good hearing.  I'm sure every bird was trying to mimic the alarm but his more acute hearing enabled him to differentiate and lead us to it

Like you I found it hard going in he rape.

Hope your search is sucessful tomorrow, today, and keep us posted

Did leave the field bit disgruntled.Spent 2 hours lugging a heavy pair of step ladders round to no avail so more excercise tonight.The members were moaning about 2.4 not being reliable and that I should not be flying alone.My last 2 crashes have been when something has  occured out of mt control,both 200yards away from anyone.So I dont understand the comments when some of the elder statesman of the club seem to land anywhere including the pits,but that seems OK.So Ileft rather than say anything.We fly on a farm in the middle of nowhere,rather than drag the steps back I hid them near to where I will continue tonight.NO I had to go back and bring them back in case someone nicked em.I struggled to carry them so you can imagine how I was feeling.More punishment tonight.PS both previous occurences happened when I was flying with an expert who assured me I did nothing wrong,hence my annoyance.

sorry to hear that Stephan ,hope you find it .what you mention about the members of your club is the sort of thing thats put me off  joining a club .dont let them get to you

seems allot of people saying 2.4 not reliable ,but how many of them would have crashed anyway on 35mhz ,and are they installing and routinely checking their equipment correctly. I fly 2.4 couldnt blame any of my accidents on it all pilot error!!

Also lost my Super Air!  Went down behind trees where it could be anywhere, including a couple of fields of rape seed. Heard the impact  when it went down so am inclined to think it's in one of the trees as the trees would probably have killed the sound if it hit the ground. Spent a long time searching to no avail this evening. Had a novel idea on the way home - use stilts to walk above crops without damaging them (thats how the crop circle artists get in and out) !  Might try knocking a pair up and see if I can walk on them. Then try them on the rape field.

I don't no how strong your club is Stephen but if you are hunting on your own its going to be very difficult.  Early in the rape season we had a model go down and the lad thought he new exactly where and ended up like a headless chicken.

Eventually about six of us formed a line, 6 metres apart and section the suspect area.  We found it very quickly, which shows the advantage of a logical approach. 

Hope I am not causing an upset as you may be following this procedure but hope you are successful.

The reason I mentioned early in the rape season  is that it is totally different now and difficult to get through and I can imagine how you feel.

Ive been looking on my own with a pair of steps that put me about 12 feet up.there heavy and take a lot of lugging.The rape seed is to thick to walk through easily,I thought of stilts as well,but you wouldnt get through it.There is supposed to be a foot path throgh the field b ut the farmer hasnt catered for that.As I say a guy with a microlite has flown up and down but cant see it.Your right Andrew and until I lost my Boomerang tonight Ive had someone with me anyway,and they have assured me I didnt do anything wrong.I think tonight was a case of brain fatigue as id been searching so long in vain and wanted a flight to chill but it didnt work out

Armed with a sturdy walking staff I proceeded with my illogical search that had been so succesfull finding the Boomerang.Unfortunately it tuned out to be fruitless.I walked with a group of horses surrounding me,crossed a bridge ,using thr staff vaulted a deep ditch,and to get round where I was going had to paddle across a wide stream,and no siteing of the Super Air.Its still looking suspiciuosly like it is in the rape seed.We are not allowed to search through this crop, but if we saw it we can .then figure a way of retrieving it.When it went in after a dead stick last week as soon as you were high enough to see across,the tail showed clearly ,but not this time.There are now about 5 models in this field,we may have to wait until th farmer cuts the crop.My confusion is I lost the Magnatilla under similar circumstances and that was 40 feet up a tree in the next field,hence my searching in vain.Interestingly,all this walking is helpingmy back,its not aching so much

Reading Timbos thread of the sad and short lived Fly Fly Hawk I can see his and Dusty have a plan coming together.Having at present lost the Super Air,Im in Limbo.Yes I have flown my Mentor and Pioneer,but I feel a step backwards and cant make any plan to go foeward until I find it.Timbo saw the fault occur which resulted in the crash.I saw mine disapear out of control behind the trees.It seems impossible to guage what happened next.My magnatilla did the same thing and I found it over in the next field 40 feet up a tree.It was the wrong side of the tree as well So, if the Super Air missed the tree how far would it have flown from there.Trouble is it could have gone in 100 yards further either way and its somewhere completely different. My point is Im doing an awful lot of walking instead of flying,whereas Tim has been able to move to the next plan.

I have a new area to search but not sure  how to tackle it at present have to recce the area first to establish what possibilities there are.Another club member arrived with a Super Air today and had a couple of problems.Had a dead stick first but was able to land it perfectly.Then lost power on take off and it flew almost out of the field before he was able to land it ,looked very stable and suffered no damage,apart from pride

Make a BIG note in your diary.

1:   Buy Loc8tor things and fit to models.
2:   Buy a decent size ELECTRIC plane for carrying a small video camera
3:   Buy a decent size ELECTRIC plane for carrying a vertically mounted digicamera controlled from TX. Use flying straight across Rape field, count pics, noting distance out.

Talk the club into getting item 2: or 3:
Item 3: might be best.

Hi flytibloke yes you are right,yesterday we flew a Mentor over with a video camers mounted on the underside ,but I didnt get the view when they played it back.I did get the area they thought they may have seen a wing possibly so Im taking a set of alli steps to the site and walk to that area to see if I can see anything.I did just pop there but as I arrived it poured heavily so may be later