Blackhorse Super Air

Advert

The Repair started this evening .IveIve epoxied thr wing bolt mount back in,and epoxied the joins that had seperated front and back.When Im satisfied with these joints I will replace the sheet with ply at the front and rear of the open aperture.Its now held by 2 G clamps Ill leave it like that until tomorrow.

Yes flew  we were aware of the proximity of the model and itsowned by a new chap,so the club chairman will return the black bag of parts to him.He is already flying the raplacement a Wot Trainer,and the remains are of a Arising Sun or in its case Total Eclipse in a Terminal WayOne more model remains missing,a large electric Eagle.Beutifully camour flaged could be staring at us

Cannot find the battery tray and tank restrainer.Thought I knew where it was but it isnt.So while deciding how to secure the tank,felt it was too loose.Removed it and its surrounding frame was all pushed forward.By using an L shaped rod and mulgrips could pull it into position.Did this and epoxied both sides.Tried to slide the tank into position to check it fitted ok and just pushed them out of position again.Re positioned them and left them over night and now trying to add a strengthener.Ill leave it to harden and add more epoxy tonight before trying again.Give me a chance to have a search for the tray.I dont know first the plane disappears for a month now bits of it are hiding

Took the Super Air to work to run the engine and ensure everything OK.Fitted the wing and there cellotaped to the wing was the battery tray.Put there by me so I wouldnt lose it,durrrrr.To the field and my expert colleague was there.We checked the Cof G,added 30 grams to the tale.He flew it for me,so after a 4 week holiday in the rape seed,the sight I doubted I would see ,my Super Air flying again.Flew my Seagull40,Mentor and Scorpion,super end to the day Ill hope to fly the Super Air tomorrow weather permitting

Weather permitted but I didnt get the opportunity.To be honest I took to many models.Iflew the Mentor twice,the Scorpion, then The Seagull 40 twice ,then the light went so the Super Air stayed on the ground.Id at some point switched it on and flattened the battery,and by the time the battery was re charged,decided it was an omen and took them all home unscathed,.Another member,Welsh Eric,had a miiair,crashed when an acrobatic movement went wrong then had a dead stick and took his undercarriage off.Obviously his turn

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Flew the Super Air by myself today,gave me the opportunity to really grt the feel of the model.Takes off very well although i couldnt get the engine tuned right.Had a couple of dead sticks in mid range also.The powered landing was eccxcellant and the model is lovely to fly.The final dead stick took the wing and mount off,probably weakened by dampness ingress whilst in the rape for a month.An easy repair which Im on tonight,hopefully back to the field with it tomorrow

Arrived at the field readyfor action but had a few issues probably the aftermath of being left in the rape for a month.As usual whenever I work on a model my colleague checked it over and took off.It soon became apparent there was a major problem.He went into safety mode and managed to land it ok.The model had lost down elevator.this was due to the control rods having become very rusty and catching on the outer tubes causing them to move when he took off preventing the down movement bering possible.The simple fix is to remove and clean and lubricate the push rods and re glue the outertubes into the fuz