Blackhorse Super Air

Advert

Posted by Stephen Grigg on 22/07/2009 20:07:05:
Spoke to the chairman of the club and he has suggested a new place to look.So itll be trekking with the steps again soon.The book"Model Flying--Find that Model comes out in January.It covers all my exploits and adventures looking for the Super Air it ll have you on tender hooks and the edge of your seats,the drama is captivating,and the end well youll have to wait and seeyes folks its all there,and Im talking film rights as we read.......................

go on stephen---i'll deffo buy  the book............'ssss

ken anderson...member of your fan club........ 

Edited By ken anderson. on 24/07/2009 16:17:08

There is good news and bad news.The bad news is no club member has said they  have seen my model on there video flying.The even worse bad news is the combine harvester is in the field and its very big with huge cutters ,sharp teeth and a huge hungry mouth,not looking promisingThe good news is the driver is very high and the windscreen is big and he will see the model as it is destroyed and disappears in 1000s of pieces,so far not looking to promising.The only hope is if a member of the club is allowed to ride in the cab,there is a spare seat to be look out.The chairman would be best,his model finding is second to none.The other thing is to check by the cut down area to look beyond.My steps are armed and ready.I think I know the area to concentrate around so an early morning start.

So up early this morning,organised work and down to the field.Visions of farmers with 6 O clock starts and getting there to see half th field cut.NO, sat there to 11am ,nothing happened

Waiting to gobble up any unsuspecting model.then norman arrives.On Tuesday he flew his Mpx Mentor over the field taking a photograph every 4 secs.He had drawn a map showing an indentation in the crop with no foot trails to it.He could also see some white.The club chairman is the only person allowed in the field.He arrived a bit later and when it stopped raining wondered off.He likes doing it on his own,and Imdesperate to go look,but the other members said just let him do it on his own.This is what he came back with

My \\\\\super Air has been found,Im ecstatic.Only damage is the wing mount front and back but look an easy repair.Bit of sheeting is wet,the electrics are dry.Thecovering is loose at the seams,apart from that,a quick wash and leather has it sparkling already,wohoo

Hi everyone and thankyou all for your kind wishes.The model is surprisingly unscathed anddry.A little crash damage and a bit of dampness where the wing bolts came out,but apart from that it looks fine. the wings are unscathed.The wing bolt mount came out but the plstic bolts remain intact.Im going to let it dry out and have a welcome back party, then get on with the repair

i used to fly a wot4 that had spent six weeks up a tree, the airframe was still sound but the balsa had turned black. the plane was flown for another six months before the balsa went soft and crumbled, ithen gave it a viking funeral it was one of the best wot4's i have flown. goodluck with the resurection stephen

They were harvesting well into this evening when I went to the field tonight,dont know if any other models have been found,or destroyed.Super Air is drying nicely,furthr inspection has revealed just re glueable joints at present ,and cannot see any warping.Probably due to such new covering as well as being protected from the elements by the crop and its downward attitude