Wot is this plane and where is the C of G ?

Hi wood worms,
I bought this plane from my club auction but i have no info about it can anyone help me as i do not know where the c of g is , the name of the model or how much movement i need on the control surfaces . It came with a MDS .60 in it and some knacked looking servos  .

Advert

Stephen,  It might be someone OD.                                                                                                If the model has been flown, and all the srvos are fitted plus  the tank, and you know where the flight pack was situated, that could give you a clue to it's balance point.

Start off by measuring half way out along the top wing and then 1/5th of the chord back from the leading edge at that point. Do the same for the lower wing. A good starting point for the CG would be half way between the two points. You can then move it back slowly if it is not aerobatic.

It would also give yhou a good check against the existing CG as mentioned by Terry

Thanks guys,
Well the mds  looks new but the carb is lose and looks as though it has an O ring seal missing .The servos are fitted but some of the lugs are broken of and the leads to the wings look as though they have been soldered and black taped , no battery and no markings as to where the C of G is .Although the plane looks sound and and after the auction the owner assured me it does fly it was the his garage was cluttered and he had to get rid of some of his models . I think Peter has the best surgestion so far .

Thanks guys  

Hi Stephen,

It's not too difficult to work out the cg from the advice above, but do get it right

BUT get all the broken bits sorted out before you even attempt to fly it.. No broken servos, your control will not be precise, and no missing bits from the engine, or it will stop...Guess where, 2 feet of the ground, just after you have taken off

ernie 

Stephen, I have spoken to my mate and he is going to verify the C of G.
It is a Super Tiger but it is made by WIK of Germany, not Sig as I first thought.
If you Google wik super tiger model airplane, there is a You Tube link of one flying.
I will let you have the C of G when I have it.

Hi Stephen,
I don't think my first reply got through so I am sending the information again.
The model is designed for a .61 two stroke or near that size or a .70-.75 four stroke.
I have just replaced my 2 stroke with a Thunder Tigre .75. It sounds good and flies well.
Control Throws. Aileron 10mm up 6mm down. Elevator 19mm up and down. Rudder 22mm each way.
Hope this helps.