Does anybody else have moments like these?

Rob

Just been in the workshop putting the cowling around the little outrunner motor I'm putting on the front of my Gentle Lady glider.Distracted by the oncoming thunder storm we are having in my part of East Yorkshire I managed to dribble thin cyano into the guts of said motor...Have just found out that they dont work so well with a belly full of glue!!
Its not all gloom and dispondancy I've managed to extract the motor without damaging the rest of the nose and luckily I have a spare.
I have come to the conclusion that progress isnt all good because it didnt happen years ago when I was a kid with my cox .049 and balsa cement!!

Advert

Thin cyano is my enemy. Not only does it run along axles and glue wheels solidly to them, but knock the bottle over on the kitchen table and it spurts a jet about 15 inches long across said table.
Funny how it seems to glue anything, but not the ply servo retainer I was trying to glue together after yet another mishap with a knife.
Give me Pritt Stick anytime!

Hi DW ,
I'm using a cheapy 'bell' type outrunner with a 30 amp esc and a 1300 2s lipo with a jp 8x4 folding prop.I'm only hopeing to use the GL for gentle floating about so I wont be putting a huge strain on the power train.The theory is that if a .049 will get it to height  the that set up will do the same job.

good luck with the build

cheers

Rob.

I placed some lead on the front of a model, which was about the right amount, it fell off, so I clamped the noseweight onto the front of the fuselage  and wondered why it was then so out of balance. (Large metal clamp).

Edited By Richard Bond on 07/10/2009 13:25:24

cheers Rob, my Gentle Lady was found under my uncles bed, it must be 15+ years old! Mostly built now and covered, I was planning on getting it towed at my club, or bungee launching, but I think a motor maybe better and less hassle + I have a spare robot birds 1800kv motor, and a 2 cell 1200mah battery, do you think that would be enough for the 2.4m span of the Lady?

Rob, i hate cyano,
Not only does it smell bad, makes my eyes water but it get everywhere. Nigel Hunter will testify to my nack of getting the stuff everywhere when i am gluing hinges.
I just glued the 480 motor mount onto the front of my seagull decathlonEP only to turn it over and find that the thin cyano ha not absorbed into the wood but run out of the top of the model all down the canopy.
Not sure i will be able to get a replacement but it is such a mess.

D the disgruntled

Hi DW ,
I'm no electrics expert I am mainly going by trial and error,If it flies and the magic smoke doesnt come out of anything electrical i will be happy.
Has anybody else got any suggestions or maybe it would be worth asking the question on the electrics part of the forum

cheers

Rob.

Posted by Rob on 07/10/2009 21:10:50:
Hi DW ,
I'm no electrics expert I am mainly going by trial and error,If it flies and the magic smoke doesnt come out of anything electrical i will be happy.
Has anybody else got any suggestions or maybe it would be worth asking the question on the electrics part of the forum

cheers

Rob.

You got that bit right Rob