Mk.9 - coming soon!

Just thought you might all like to know about the latest Nijhuis plan that's currently in the making for RCM&E. We were so delighted with the smaller .25-size Spit' that was published in the RCM&E Special a few months ago (copies still available, by the way!) that we managed to twist Tony's arm and get him to design a bigger one. Aye, and it looks as if it's going to be a cracker. If all goes well and it performs as expected, a good 61 four-stroke should do the trick - It's just over 60" span I believe. We're not counting our chickens until it's flown and been thoroughly tested, but Tony's quietly optimistic. Will keep you posted.

Advert

Hi Everyone, Well its really great to actually see the new web-site up and running at last.For so long now its been really frustrating to have such a fantastic magazine in RCM&E - but no decent up to date website.
Just one question for now - Will the site be expanded to include the extensive Plans range so that we'll be able to browse and order on-line? Well Done RCM&E.

Hello chaps. Chris, the plans service can be contacted on 01689 899200. As for the retracts Geoff, already sorted, we'll be providing the contact details alongside the article when it appears. Thanks for your comments John, yes plans will eventually be available to view and purchase on the site. Not yet sure how long that's going to take, though.

Thanks Graham - that was an unbelievably quick reply!.
I've just been reading through my Feb issue of RCM&E, and particularly Alex Whittakers Weekenders article "on a bender" where he mentions the great little DU-BRO tube bender for "under a tenner". Looks like an indespensible piece of kit!! Hav'nt been able to locate any dealer stocking it on the internet, however. Anyone with any idea's? - just got to have one!!
PS. Count me in as a life long member of The Alex Whittaker Fan Club - your articles are always First Class.

Well I'm just in the process of builing the Mk9 from the plans in the Special mag. It,s my first plan build for the past 20 years, so it's been a great experience to getting back into the building frame of mind. A great plan with good clear and helpfull instructions. I've decided to put in an old OS Max 40FP, it fits, nicely, I just hope its not going to be too overpowered. I am also going back to dope and tissue covering. re-kindle my old skills. Does any one know how I could fit an undercarriage to this model, as I think it would benefit from one.

Hi all,
Have got my T.N. spit up to painting stage. My intention was to use the humbrol paints that Tony suggests but was pretty hacked off that these are only available in titchy pots. Anyone know an alternative to save me having to buy numerous pots of each colour and what should I be using to fuel proof the paint and decals?