Mk.9 - coming soon!

Advert

nothing too exciting. cheapo tower pro bm2915. on 3cells 2200 mah. will get a 4 cell pack when i can afford it as the motors k/v is 850. used this set up in a gws formosa 2 previously and it had heaps of power and endless vertical. should be just the ticket for the spit. currently using a 10x6 prop but will go to 9x7 with the new battery.

Maidend today. All up weight was 2.5 kg. hand launched myself with no problems. Loads of power and great fun looks the mutts nutts doin low passes with big wingovers at the end. Power off the glide was much better than i expected. Stalls were predictable with a little mush to the left. Landing was a little tricky, she just didnt want to slow down. After a couple of overshoots she kissed turf gently. Another battery went in and i did it all over again!!!

Hi there olden,s
.Just finished a Ruperts Dad airframe + own engine cowl(balsa laminate of course ) + wingtips & modified bigger cockpit area.Never flown 3D only aerobatic own designs of no particular formula.power is SC 52 FS (another 1st) Cant decide how best to cover it being a tissue/nylon man at heart Any suggestions ?Also im having a mental problem with any thing digital including Optic R/C gear I like toset up movements mechanically as ihave always done I.E.Fleet system Incidentally have just completed 64inch (cm?) SC 91A aerobatic semi scale home design weighing in at five pounds two ounce dry weight Is this possibly a record .If not I still cant wait to float it around!

Hi guys,
Just started building the 46" MK IX from the Special eddition. The construction notes in the mag state "there is no washout built into the wing as its benifit is marginal" however the plan states 6mm washout at the tip rib TE?
What did other builders do - is it worth the complication of building with washout??

Cheers guys / gals

HI all,
For anyone thinking of building this model, I ordered the canopy on Friday last - before I read the notes about it being too big. I queried this with the supplier and they assured me it was now sorted.
It arrived this morning and they are correct, the canopies are now the correct size for the plan.

Regards
Paul

Tony,
I purchased the interior and it is too large, however I have spoken to the manufacturer and promiced to send him some photographs and dimensions from my model comparing the interior dimensions. I am sure they are working hard to sort out the problem if they have not done so already.

Due to a death in the family I have been too busy for the last week but intend to try and modify the interior and send it back to them for comparison ASAP.
Regards
John Bowman. Rhyl & DMFC.