Grrr ... this makes me so mad!

Romeo Whisky

Nothing irritates me more on this forum than after logging in and spending a while carefully composing a response to a thread or a reply to a personal message than to be told when I press the SUBMIT button that I need to log in to use this feature, when I am already logged in as confirmed by the top-left box. 

If I click the "GoBack" button I find that everything I carefully composed has disappeared.  All my time and effort have been wasted as the reply gets lost in the "ether" of cybergoo.

This has been a problem with this site for ages.  Come on guys sort it out!

Advert

RM, type faster - or better make a copy to word or something similar before posting.
I share your bad experience as I got thrown out a couple of times. At the beginning I thought that my bad ADSL connection (countryside=long cable=low transmition rates...) may be the issue, but as it happened also at my office computer it must have different reasons.
 So now (if I don't forget which happens )  I copy the text to word before posting it.
VA

Beware of using Word or Word Perfect or other proprietary word processors because the text is formatted by these programs and the Administrators have reported that this can cause problems on the forum.

Much better to use Windows Notepad as this is a pure text editor and does not format the text (fonts etc) in any way.   It comes free as part of Windows so it costs you nowt!

Edited By Romeo Whisky on 10/03/2010 16:00:49

Sorry Guys, I have no problems whatsoever! I can even go away and have a cuppa half way though a post, and it's still there when I get back. I don't think it's a problem with the site. Remember there are hundreds of permutations when you start looking at the differences between cable, ADSL, wireless broadband, 3G, GPRS, this list goes on. How it all works at all boggles my brain cell!

This is of little help in respect of your last experience but it  happens to me too and I use Safari on a Mac. It's happened so many times now though that I always paste over my text then right click on copy before submitting.  (Well nearly always - I forget the other night and I lost it again...) If then I get booted out I can simply click paste and it's all back where I finished...

I have this problem but what i do is ,  before i click add posting is to left click then drag the cursor along and up the page then while its highlighted, i rightclick and the dropbox says copy. i click that.  then i click the posting which removes the highlighting. then addposting.

if it needs to be relogged in I then log in and go to this box where we add what we are writing. then right click and click paste. there it goes . then add posting. all good.  

That is using windows vista / or 2000 or me /98 etc.

Maybe this helps.

Edited By kiwi g on 10/03/2010 19:10:11

Edited By kiwi g on 10/03/2010 19:10:31

I used to have this problem but they it went away. I think that what I did that changed things was when logging in check the "remember me" box. If I'm right then doing that means you just stay logged in, and even log in automatically when you open the site.

With this I've logged in in the morning, gone away from my computer for 2-3 hours, come back and I'm still connected - just refresh the "latest posts" and away I go!

If you haven't done so give it a try.

BEB

• 3 weeks later...
Yes, there are solutions to this, like copy & paste etc, but it is still an infuriating problem. It happened to me a few minutes ago, I was going to complain, when I found this thread.

If you rarely post on here, you can't always remember wierd idiocyncratic things. It just shouldn't happen. BTW, I use IE 8 on Win XP. Probably the most popular set up there is.
Andy

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys,>>

I have just returned to building / flying rc model aircraft after a break of nearly  11years, and not previously moved very far on from trainer stage to 2nd low wing trainer. Earlier this year after reading good reports in your forum, I bought a wot trainer. I carried out and completed all of the suggested improvements and alterations as suggested by forum users and prepared the aircraft for flight using about 130 grms in the nose to achieve the required cg.>>

I took her up the patch today for her first flight but found to my annoyance that I was unable to trim her out properly as she seemed very nose heavy and kept trying to dive for the ground despite putting in full up trim. I did manage to land her safely. I have rechecked every thing including wing incidence and all seems well. Does any one have any suggestions? I did install a 12oz tank and wondered if the fuel made her nose heavy. Could I safely take out some of the nose weight? ( But worried about the cg ) I am at a loss. Can any one help me please?      >>

Hi Eddie P,

I don't know how you came to post your question here as you 'aint in the right place, but it sounds to me like you are nose heavy. 12oz of fuel is pretty heavy if your C of G is already forward. I would post in a more appropriate place and the wiser fuel burning people will know more about it than me.

andyshades

Since my computer crashed and had to have a new hard drive i don't have to log in,is it because i am a subscriber?
Also when i use the forum drop down list at the top of the page i allways get message that the subject selected does not excist.
if i am on the wrong thread wit this comment i apologise.