Return of the Hill Top Posse

Advert

Been virtually snowed in for three weeks so no sloping as I can not get up the hills (even in a 4x4). However got out yesterday for a little heli flying. Took a short video of an Englishman and now friend and instructor of me flying helis. Luckily his flying is better than my camera work.

Posted by ken anderson. on 08/03/2011 19:07:37:
good lad fen....been out today with enrico the 3rd...up the hills-45-50 mph-too much for me ......a few tales to tell c/w photo's......watch this space ...

ken anderson ne...1.

There's nearly always tale..... Enrico off repairing again?

Yo Craig, not repairing just trying to organise bricks for the pasty shop on top of Tittlington so we can see you race up the face !!! All last week's damage repaired and reflown. Combat Ken-ne1 tested his repaired Moth by mid airing Roger,s new (second hand) Bluto out of the sky ! See photo,s for proof (smiling combat ace in background)

Found an old unused military airport less than an hours drive away. I know its not gliding but even kenny could take off and land on this runway (it's over a mile long) see video.

Edited By Flyingfen on 12/03/2011 17:35:39

Edited By Flyingfen on 12/03/2011 17:37:30

Hello Fenwick,

Cracking find that strip ........ You could form a great RC flying club there (if its not already).

weather looks good as well. Just heard on the grapevine Enrico's packing his horse and cart as we speak to join you, and meet up with long lost Benrico

Craig

• 2 weeks later...
yesterday we had a nice warm day and one of our members brought his new made 'pavel bosack' designed phantom to our field for its maiden flight.....he(michael) had converted it to electric power and fitted retracts......and a nice job done.....the maiden went perfect also........well done to him...

ken anderson ne..1. home of bespoke model's........

A little update from the Bulgarian branch of the HTP. Been to the first official model flying event of the year in Bulgaria at Kazanlak (2 and a half hours drive away, 2 day event so stayed in hotel overnight). weather was fantastic 25 degrees and met the chairman of the Bulgarian Federation of Model Flying. His name is Sotir and is also a Moderator of the Bulgarian version of this Forum modelistika.com (only try it using google translate). Anyway check out his photos from the weekend at the following link and see if you can spot me and my mustang.

Quite a few people kept asking how Enrico was getting on with his new life in England.

Edited By Tim Mackey - Administrator on 27/03/2011 18:21:53

All reet Fen, some good photos looks like a great place, plus it has food and girls

• 2 weeks later...
Ken-ne1 has just jetted off to invade Malta again so the hill top posse set out to invade the hills in Gods country this afternoon.Started with a nice 19degrees and 25-30mph and ended with a fully ballasted sunbird and wind meter showing 62mph!!!

• 3 weeks later...
the little lad is away in his tin box for the week end......and in his absence......there was a spot of tree climbing taking place yesterday...when a model landed in the trees that are at one end of our field.......well done to the lads who went up the tree like goodin's....

true north east(wont be beaten men).....

ken anderson ne..1... easter report...