RCM&E July 2010 issue

Advert

I was hoping the Free Plan would be the Halifax. Oh well I'll just have to buy the complete kit. I have to say that you and Graham and all your staff are putting out the best, by far, RC magazine anywhere anytime. I know you stand on the shoulders of great editors of the past but believe me you both are right up there with the best. Every time I think there is no room for further improvement a new issue arrives and it's better than the ones before.

One thing I would like to see is an article giving the future as manufacturers see it. What's coming down the pipe for us? I believe many where caught off guard by the appearance of the Vapour and what it has done for indoor flying. What's the next revolution?

Good luck to you both.

Jack Higgins, Toronto.

My timing is awful, I always manage to be flying the day before the magazine arrives on the door mat so I'll be sat in the desert for two weeks with Junes copy that I've already read twice.
I'm leaving very early Tuesday morning and I bet it comes in Tuesdays post at 10am

It's Steve Carr's majestic 60% Extra, taken at the Rougham Show 2010. Model has a 600cc petrol engine. Very impressive.

By the way, someone has posted a You Tube video from this very flight:

if you look really closely at 6.22 you can see a compact person (on the right in a yellow safety jacket) holding the camera in portrait mode, and actually taking this month's cover photo. The photographer is much slimmer and taller in real life ... 

Posted by David Ashby - RCME Administrator on 04/06/2010 06:07:55:
We'll have a word Gregg

ha ha ha , Thanks David

I wasn't even at the event so how did that caption get applied? The lack of bright orange underside gives it away surely

Someone is going to feel hard done by for their zero!

Hi David, yes, you're right you know !  I should be flying ...................

Flying time is a bit restricted at the mo' though - I work for Lloyds Banking Group (yes, boo, hiss) on integration with HBOS and I've never been so busy !  Managed to get a couple in yesterday though - thick fog this morning ...................... 

GG

Posted by Gregg Veasey on 04/06/2010 00:53:39:
Saw the mag whilst at my dads this evening. He showed me 2 pages straight away. The passing shot pic on the last page. Very happy with that

And then a shot inside somewhere of apparently the same model.  Wrong!

Think the other Zero belong to Ozzy Ray, but lets be fair how many pics does the guy take in any one day, Good shot of my DB Spit though.

I have a question......will the 50th Anniversary Spesh be sent out to subscibers automatically or do we have to order a copy....?

The advert in the mag doesn't give any guidance here, it just says its a limited edition so order soon!! All previous "Specials" have arrived without pre-ordering but maybe this one is different.....??