An unexpected hazzard of RC flying.

Posted by Hogster on 15/07/2010 09:54:03:
Dont ask me how I know , but that vehicle is not on the Insurance database. But then thats hardly surprising I suppose.
 That might be a good sign though David.

It might be an indication that the vehicle is not stolen, but is "owned" by the person driving it, who, not being a law-abiding citizen, has not insured the vehicle.

Any update on this Steve?

Advert

The probability is that a PNC check will show no current keeper or, if it does, a visit will find that the vehicle was sold to an 'unknown' buyer.

The chances are that it is a 'pool' vehicle, kept somewhere on an estate and used at will by whoever fancies a drive at that particular time. Of course there will be no documentation in existence that will positively lead to the driver. In theory, it may be possible to enhance the image of the driver to aid identification, but I cannot see that being pursued in this instance.

Unfortunate but that is the state of play in too many parts of the country today.........

Pete

God, the driver certainly is a menace and needs his license taken away - not that its likely to stop such idiots as they dont really care. Given one more brain cell than the one they have, could be a serious problem - although this one is already.

• 2 weeks later...
Haven't heard a dicky bird from the police.
I'm thinking of sending the footage to crime watch!

All the best.
Steve.

P.S. The Hepcat you can see in my avitar had a bit of an adventure at Old Warden last Sunday. Hit a thermal and landed by a fishing lake 2 and a half miles away. Lovely chap called Arthur was fishing and heard it land behind him. He rang me up and I picked it up Monday evening!

Edited By Steve Roberts on 28/07/2010 10:05:46

Edited By Steve Roberts on 28/07/2010 10:07:18

I can tell you what the police will do........sod all ! 

I think I've said it before somewhere on this forum, a good way to ensure Police will come out to an incident is to mention you think you saw what looked like a gun or drugs! They will jump up spilling their tea, an several cars will turn up !

On the second run up to you in the video seems like they were swerving at the last moment probably just trying to scare you to make you crash, but well done for keeping your nerve and landing safely

• 4 months later...
Steve , Just been watching the video ,what a gang of idiots ,Hope you are ok and the model ,I know it makes you as bad as them BUT if the police are not interested  I think i personallyi would find out who they are and give them a sever talking to the only way they deserve, But i hasten to add that;s me.. I wish you good luck mate . TD

Edited By Tim Mackey - Administrator on 07/12/2010 14:24:19

Oh dear as sad as it is to see plebs driving like this and endangering a member of the public doing no harm to no-one its equally as sad that the police do nothing anymore, they really are a shambles, half of my family are in the PF but i would say the same to them they don't protect us anymore they just respond to crime and only take interest if its a big crime, have you ever seen a booby walking down the street anymore as a deterent (and i dont mean PCSO's) no i bet you have not,  but drive down the motorway and i can promise you that after a few miles you will see a few, they have lost the trust and the admiration of the public they are supposed to be protecting, we dislike them almost as much as the criminals !!  very sad!

If you want the police to be interested, first you have to arrest them, try them and find them guilty, then they may come and speak to you and take details.

I sometime wonder exactly what function they serve for the average member of the public, never see them, won't respond to thefts unless you have a suspect (then it's probably to warn you noty to take the law into your own hands rather than catch the offenders)

It's no wonder disgraceful acts like this carry on.

I had my car broken in to ,only had it a day some one put the driver side window in, I new who it was and told the police  but they showed up about a week later to take finger prints nothing ever came of it  except i was down £120 for a new window and that happen twice by the way , Police don't want to know . But if you got a balled tyre or go over the speed limit they will get you for it because they get your money .