You need to be methodical

Erfolg

I am in the midst of repairing a model which I expected to be right off, after crashing it recently.

In this case of this model  I have used a separate Nimh pack to power the Rx and a Lipo for the motor. I did not need to charge the Nimh pack for this flying session as I had charged it about 2 or so weeks earlier. This decision left me a number of parts to be repaired.

All the parts were carefully retrieved at the field, well the next field, where I had crashed.

Back at home in the workshop I carefully stored all the bits in a Washing sachet container. I save and use these know for project components. The cheap Lidl multi pocket double sided boxes for my consumables.

The repair has gone very smoothly, taken some time, but that is due to building a new Ta 152H. I have now reached the time where all the airframe is back to original condition. The one damaged servo replaced, although I did think two had gone. Note must carefully check again.

All was well until I looked for the Lead (Pb) ballast, it is not in the container, where is the Lipo. For the life of me I cannot remember where these bits are.

Does any one else have problems like this. Is it age related.  Everything put away and safely stored, but missing. I have looked for the "Black Hole" in the workshop, to date I have not found it!

Time for the practice for the motor racing now.

Edited By Erfolg on 25/09/2010 14:07:01

Advert

No, I never have problems like ummm,  like errr... 

Sorry, what was the question again?

Possibly related,  I can often be working on something,  put down the tool I'm using, then a few minutes later the tool has disappeared.  It usually reappears somewhere totally different to where I thought I'd put it down!

Posted by John Privett on 25/09/2010 17:19:24:

Possibly related,  I can often be working on something,  put down the tool I'm using, then a few minutes later the tool has disappeared.  It usually reappears somewhere totally different to where I thought I'd put it down!
 Oh boy am glad to learn I'm not the only one that does that! Isn't it really frustrating! "Er,...I know I had it here a second ago!"

BEB

A while ago I was looking in my garage for a tool I'd bought to help hang doors. Never found it and fitted the doors without it. Maybe a year or two later I stumbled across it and said to myself  "Now I remember putting it there [in a place which made sense]" .  Moving on another couple of years, ask me now where that place is. No idea.