Pick a Plane 2011 - chat and FW-190 build

Cheap electrical retracts like the HK ones are easy to modify the travel, just a case of moving or extending the button on a microswitch.

It would need some modification to the operating quadrant to make it lock at the modified travel, otherwise all the side forces will be taken by the lead screw.

• 3 weeks later...
Advert

A message for TN.

I managed with a great deal of help from the forum to complete the lysander as my first build although it hasnt flown yet so i dont know how good a build it was. As i am very new to building (and i am sure there are many out there who would like to have a go at building) it would be really helpful if some additional building instructions and tips were available. The article in the RCME is fine for those with some experience but for myself and others like me extra help would be a godsend.

personally i would pay a bit extra.

jim

• 3 weeks later...
i personally hope its not because of subject choice though..

Me too. I was thinking that when I posted above, but didn't want to be the one to put it out there.

Myself, the FW 190 will be going on my bucket list along with a heap of other TN designs (a couple of which are already in progress).

Come on Tony. Give us something to Whet our appertite.

Hugh

Really looking forward to this one. I've been after a bigger 190 than my little GWS ones for a while, but the VQ one looks nothing like a 190, the Kyosho version doesn't look quite right, and, while it's a thing of beauty, the YT model is out of my price and size range.
What size 4-stroke will this one need? I'd better start hunting now....

Ok thanks Eck
I was wondering as I've recently bought the bigger one. To my uneduacted eye it looked fine but it's still in a box and I haven't much to compare it to.
I wasnt sure about the build quality but all the write-ups i saw and questions I asked were positive and to be fair it's quite a lot of plane for a relativerly cheap price.

I'll see how it goes when i get a chance to finish it - I hope it doesnt fall apart quickly because I quite like the range.
They have some unusual models including some of the Italian WW2 planes which I really quite like.

Printed the plan and started to sort the parts out....all cut by SLEC and as usual lovely quality on the lazer cutting...make building so much easier
...the hope is the airframe construction will be done by Monday
Motor I'm using is a 4-max 5055 so should be adiquate.....wing section is a modified RAF38 (well nice to get some RAF in an FW)

I guess that the firewall is placed where, it will be possible to make a long nosed version. With respect to the tail, is there a former where the tail extension should be inserted? If not is it possible to show on the plan, the position?

Yep, this is one plan i am looking forward to.