The Biplane Thread

I'll take advantage of this lovely thread being revived, and show a few of my latest project if you don't mind!

Here's my 67", 7lb Hawker Cygnet in all its glory. It's only had three flights to date - the wind has been just too strong for any more.

She's all balsa, runs on electricity, and covered in Solartex.

tim

Advert

Hopefully these pictures will come out ok.You wouldn't believe the hassle I have trying to upload photographs! there should be three (not very good )pics of my 1/4 scale Krier Kraft,which is now covered in solartex and awaiting painting.With a bit of luck,I'm hoping it will be ready for the Greenacres fly-in.........................Mal.

• 4 months later...
Fly Boy 3 - No not flown yet.Just got the engine run in last week and then fitted to the model. Just waiting for the weather now. Hopefully next weekend (fingers crossed)

BEB - I got it from Sussex Model Centre. It is a Perkins marketed ARTF from Green models in China. It was a bit of pig to assemble. The instructions were a joke and I had to send the original fuselage back as it wasn't glued together properly and a lot of the pre-drilled holes and pre-fitted captive nuts just did not line up. Both SMC and Perkins were very good about this and replaced the fuselage within 10 days. Still wasn't brilliant but it went together better. I am pleased with the end result so don't want to moan too much. Hopefully it'll fly ok. At least I have some bipe experience with my Tiger Moth.

Andy

Not sure about the Moth, I got mine second hand, but most likely. My Moth is going to have a recover this winter. Going to start on it next month when I'll have a few free funds for the yards of covering material needed. I'll be airbrushing it to finish, so I'm looking for suitable materials (had plenty of advice already in another thread)
YT do a version as well. Don't know if it comes from the same supplier or not. I did give them a call but they were out of stock. MInd you, I like the look of their Fokker DR1. Gonna have to clear that with the boss tho'

Andy

Nice shot I got of Matt Poot's H9 Beast flying his Freestyle at the Rhyl IMAC comp back in July

double post sorry Mr mod ?

Edited By Ultymate on 11/09/2011 17:57:50

Just spotted this thread & I'm a big fan of Bipes too.....mainly because the Pitts Special is just about my favourite aeroplane.....I own two...a 60FS powered one from Planenutz (42" span I think) & a 30" span electric version from China.......both have the same colour scheme....

I would really like to build a Bucker Jungmeister when I get the time.....I remember Gordon Whitehead did a lovely plan for one in Radio Modeller back in the early 80's The plan is still available from the USA I think see here Interestingly Mr Whitheads model is about the same as my Pitts at 40.5" span but is recommended for a 25 two stroke......I'd hate to fly my Pitts on such a small engine....

If I had lots of cash I think I would go for the Great Planes 1/4 scale Pitts c/w a 50cc petrol motor......lovely!!!