The Biplane Thread

Advert

Steve--
I would really like to build a Bucker Jungmeister when I get the time.....I remember Gordon Whitehead did a lovely plan for one in Radio Modeller back in the early 80's The plan is still available from the USA I think see here Interestingly Mr Whitheads model is about the same as my Pitts at 40.5" span but is recommended for a 25 two stroke......I'd hate to fly my Pitts on such a small engine....
=========================
G. Whitehead plan of Jungmeister from MHS plans, No. RM 217 bottom of page
4, radio control scale.

• 1 month later...

This is my Yorkshireman, built from a free plan (what else? I'm a tight fisted old so and so) published in another mag (AMI)
Originally designed for .32 glow 2stroke I have converted to electric.
Motor E Max 2810/12
Battery 2200 3s LiPo
Prop 11"x7" APC E
Weight approx 4 lb
Power 356Watts = 89 W/lb

Flys like a trainer.

Hi All

WOW WEEEE a biplane section, oh heaven - well done you!
Love the photos of your models, no doubt we shall be meeting more of each other soon.

In the summer I bought a second hand Seagull Ultimate fitted with a SC91, after some engine problems (broken crankshaft) and some quicker than anticipated landings I've decided to convert to petrol. I have a few other models using petrol and I love em. So today I've ordered a DLE20. I quickly found the model under powered so the DLE20 should answer that. 

Thanks
Stuart

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 14/11/2011 18:03:30

Ta ,

The small one has now been painted and has a small motor and timer fitted ready for free flight testing as soon as i am fit to go out .

And the Larger one i need to re-design the fuselage and tail as the battery would overheat
and the rudder needs to be reduced .Although it flew a slight touch of the rudder stick had it going in circles .

A project i will be working on soon .