moving house

Ernie

Hi Guys,
It's awful, we're moving house (with a fine big workshop)
but oh, the hassle.
Any clever ideas about avoiding the shelves, the new bathroom, building the logpile, cleaning the attic, painting the kitchen, cleaning the chimney etc. etc

ernie

Advert

Posted by Ernie on 06/12/2010 13:06:05:
Hi Guys,
It's awful, we're moving house (with a fine big workshop)
but oh, the hassle.
Any clever ideas about avoiding the shelves, the new bathroom, building the logpile, cleaning the attic, painting the kitchen, cleaning the chimney etc. etc

ernie

...or do you mean that it's the fine big workshop that has a bathroom, logpile, attic, kitchen, chimney etc. etc. in addition to the shelves that you (or your good lady if you've taken my previous advice) will be fitting for your piles of modelling gear?

Ernie
You need to explain that the nice new big workshop is required in order to successfully do all the other things.
Then to prove your point do as effortlessly as possible something that actually benefits from having the nice new big workshop.
You are then in a stronger position to say "to do the next job as well as I did that I will need........."

It wont get out of doing the jobs but with a bit of careful planning your workshop equipment improves and all in the name of the new house.

If you are really good at doing it you will find that your nice new workshop is not actually big enough!

Posted by Pete B on 06/12/2010 21:33:40:
You can make as many suggestions as you like, lads, but we all know Ernie is in an impossible position......such is the real world

I can offer no meaningful words of comfort, Ernie, sorry........

Pete

Defeatist! There is always a way...

BEB

Posted by kc on 07/12/2010 11:07:13:
Invite all your aeromodelling friends round to ' see your fantastic new model '.......just when you need a few extra hands to help with some DIY task.
 KC has the right idea ...many hands make light work...however, once you have fixed the light I can't help you mate

sparks

My model storage solution, for what it's worth, when I had the house enlarged a bit, was to buy a pack of large pressed steel shelf brackets - cheap from Screwfix -  and  mount them on two verticals against the wall, suitably spaced. No shelves; just put your fuselages, wings etc. across the brackets. Stick strips of foam or cork on them, to discourage models from sliding off. For my typical model size, I got seven levels, from near-floor to ceiling.