What was your first flight of 2011?

Pete B

Advert

My first flight of the year was with my Sceadu 30 - same model as I had my last flight of 2010 with on Friday. 

On both occasions it was the only model I took with me as I wasn't convinced anybody else would be flying - it was just a little chilly!  It always seems much less of a wasted journey if I just grab the heli and sling it in the car rather than wings and fuzes for f/wing models. 

I nearly went flying yesterday afternoon, but only got as far as the front door before discovering that what had been slight mist was now drizzle...

i took the trusty trojan and my brother for company to our club site on new years day, expecting to meet some other flyers there as there was very little wind and it wasnt too cold. the field was deserted so i could fly anywhere and any how i liked, i hadent flown for two months as my fingers dont like the cold, and i fly for pleasure not pain. i only had four batteries so i chucked one in and took off thinking i would be a bit rusty but as i fly this plane every time i go flying i was back at home and threw it all over the sky,  ran the battery out fot ten minutes on the timer and landed. jumped back in the car to warm up and have a fag. back out for number two flight to pratice inverted as im not very good at it, managed to keep it inverted loger than i have ever done. back to car for cuppa and fag then out for third flight one battery duff for some reason so in with number four for last flight, did some tight approaches low loops and rolls and a couple of spins then packed up and went home a happy man

First proper (IC) flight of the year today with the trusty Seagull Extra 300S - thought it was about time to give it an airing after so much electric flying while my finger recovers from its workshop mishap.  Glad to find out that the amazing knife edge spin still works (I say amazing because all I do is hold the sticks in the top left corners while sometimes hearing people admiring the manoeuvre - don't tell anyone!)

First flight was with my MPX fox as it was small enough to bring it here to Italy. It was on the 01.01.2011 at 10:00 - and it was not successful as it was completely out of trim after I changed the link rods. The flight ended in a freshly ploughed field .... For the second flight of the year I used my sons Piaget slow flyer - a perfect large indoor and calm weather outdoor machine - no problems with that one.