Biggles' Mess

Advert

Posted by Steve W-O on 01/05/2012 19:59:52:

Sounds like you are not that far away, we are on the other side of Coventry,

Hi Steve,

It's just 25 miles from where I live to Coventry up the M69, the Punto's gone now so at least it's off my drive. I ended up getting £155 scrap value which is rubbish as I've already said it would have made a good little first motor for someone just for the sake of one component.

The upside is the missus is well chuffed with her new motor so she's said why don't I swap my Audi for a newer one, may be later in the year if I can get a low mileage A4 Estate.

Cheers,

Chris.

Posted by Big Bandit on 04/05/2012 16:44:06:
Posted by Steve W-O on 01/05/2012 19:59:52:

Sounds like you are not that far away, we are on the other side of Coventry,

Hi Steve,

It's just 25 miles from where I live to Coventry up the M69, the Punto's gone now so at least it's off my drive. I ended up getting £155 scrap value which is rubbish as I've already said it would have made a good little first motor for someone just for the sake of one component.

The upside is the missus is well chuffed with her new motor so she's said why don't I swap my Audi for a newer one, may be later in the year if I can get a low mileage A4 Estate.

Cheers,

Chris.

That's more than webuyanycar.com would have given you!

18 months ago when I sold my MGF, they offered me £20 for it, and would deduct a £50 admin fee!!!

It is a pity, as you say it would have made someone a good car, I couldn't of got it collected by then, my usual recovery chap is away for a while.

Glad your wife is peased with the new one, to achieve that is a major coup

Darned weather - spare a thought for Terry Walters - travelled all the way back to the UK to go to the Shuttleworth Spring Airshow this weekend (says he was looking in on the relly's, too but I know OW was his real reason for the tripwink 2) and it has been cancelled due to waterlogging......sad

Bet he'll bend my ear about it when he gets back............face 22

Pete

Posted by Pete B on 04/05/2012 21:49:07:

Darned weather - spare a thought for Terry Walters - travelled all the way back to the UK to go to the Shuttleworth Spring Airshow this weekend (says he was looking in on the relly's, too but I know OW was his real reason for the tripwink 2) and it has been cancelled due to waterlogging......sad

Bet he'll bend my ear about it when he gets back............face 22

Pete

That's a real bummer Pete, I know what it's like at OW when it been raining heavily, and it's a long way for Terry to travel just to walk around the museum and drink coffee in the cafe all day.

Cheers,

Chris.

Anybody know about V drive belt sizes? I need a 500mm circum. belt for a small saw I am building but the smallest I can find is a SPZ which is 10mm wide x 8mm deep and I need smaller than this but cant find any info on them.

I have looked at sewing machine belts but they wouldnt last very long, problem with SPZ is they are not flexible enough to go around the pulley's of 3/4'' and 2'', need summat smaller and more flexi.

My small lathe belt broke and I used a vacuum cleaner belt - it was circular in section but is still doing the job some considerable time later ( and they only cost me 50p )so might be worth a try.

Sorry,just realised you want a .5m belt which is bigger than a vacuum cleaner- what about an altenator belt for a car?

Edited By TinPot Pilot on 05/05/2012 22:17:07

Edited By TinPot Pilot on 05/05/2012 22:20:37

Health & safety gone mad. At the beach, a shallow shelving beach, calm conditions with no holes or strong currents. Local authority person wades out into calf deep water to take samples.

Wearing a lifejacket..........angel 2

Re -- "webuyanycar.com" I have been offered £120 for my Eldiss campervan ! It's worth around £5000 .looking in various mags . I just wonder where they sell their purchases from gullible owners ? They must be doing well to be able to afford all the TV adds .Anybody interested by the way? Perfect as a travelling hangar/ accomodation .face 23