Huge Sale Up To 65% Off

Not sure how many of you guys are subscribed to Squadron Leader for their updates but they are having a clearance sale at the moment.

I've just bought an E-Flite P-40 warhawk for £28 along with some other bits and bobs.

David, if you wanted to try out the PZ BF-109 then they are on clearance too with the BNF down to just over £100 !!  silly money!!

Well worth a look if you're after a good deal. 

Advert

Posted by David Ashby - RCME Administrator on 08/01/2011 11:56:35:
It's very tempting.......
That E-flite Beech Bonanza flies ever so well too.  

Bit peeved David.  Having read up on it again (I was really stoked up when I saw the original HH video on Youtube), I went to the site to buy it and the only one had gone.

Ok, own up.  Who was it ?

Edited By NigelH on 09/01/2011 19:46:19

I e-mailed them about getting another Beachcraft and they said that they couldn't.

I also did some research into what I'd need to finish off one of the P-40s.  I went back to SL and they'd gone from 24 in stock to none in a matter of minutes.  Can't help thinking that someone's snapped them up to sell on

Yes, they had no problem with me ordering 3.  Their website now says 3 in stock, so they obviously had enough.

But.........

I gave them a bell today, because the motors have a matched fan unit.  This is normally about £20-£22 (although I have found them at £18).  It is shown as out of stock, and they said it would be a few weeks before they came back into stock (not a problem to me) so they said they would match the sale price of £16 when it comes back in- so well done them!

Posted by NigelH on 10/01/2011 19:10:19:
 they'd gone from 24 in stock to none in a matter of minutes.  Can't help thinking that someone's snapped them up to sell on

Well there's 4 or 5 possibly sold from this site alone, Squadron Leader has it's own dedicated forum.  Might be worth keeping an eye on ebay for P-40's in case someone's got a job lot ?

Well my little P-40 turned up yesterday, and what a great little thing it is too.

Why did e-flite stop making warbirds?

Anyway it took all of 10 minutes to fit the two, yes two servos, an esc and the RX and she's all ready to go........ Oh no, I dont have any 2S Li-Pos.

I'd go to my local model shop this morning but I'm waiting on postie to bring my new PZ P-47, I'm so excited!! 

A "well done" to SL - I ordered a couple of 3s lipos in their sale. Ordered Saturday night after first reading this thread. Arrived yesterday (Tuesday).

Price was 35% off, so good value, and good service as well. I've not dealt with them before but I shall certianly be looking in again.

BEB

The service is second to non BEB, I've bought all my PZ planes from them and also numerous ESC's and motors, they always turn up within 48hrs, usually the next day!

I had a motor fail on my BF-109, although it was 6 months old I'd only flown it 6 times or so, they replaced the motor straight away!

Also, as you shop there you earn loyalty points, these transfer to a cash discount, I just saved £7 on my P-47 with my loyalty points. 

Such a good service in fact that instead of replacing the BF-109 motor with the standard plastic cased motor, they replaced it with the motor for the Extra 300 as it has a metal casing !!

Now that's service for you ! 

My P40 arrived yesterday thanks to this thread. Cheers James.
It's all ready to go except that at the moment I cant get the canopy on properly because the battery wire takes up space between a "shelf" in the fus and the bottom of the false cockpit floor.

James is yours OK in this area? If so, where do you poke your wires out of the way?

I feed the battery wire through a new hole I made forward of the canopy area.  I was thinking of just cutting the canopy internal section out and putting a small piece of ply in there so it doesn't fill the cockpit area but sits flush with the canopy sill if you understand what I mean?
I don't understand the design of the canopy, it leaves you no room to put anything in there? 

Not just me then? That's good. I was thinking of doing exactly the same, or, cutting out the fuselage shelf that you can see in the canopy gap. and putting something in a tad lower. I've just not worked out if this would catch on the aileron servo or pushrods.

Do you have to connect your battery to ESC with the wing off? I've poked my ESC wires up through into the canopy area, and want to change batteries and connect up by just removing the canopy. 

Yep same here, I've just made an extra (larger) hole for the wires.

The ESC is pushed right into the nose under the battery with the RX along side it, that clears the area with the servos and the CofG seems to be fine, a little nosey but I prefer them like that.

Not keen on the rubber band wing retainer but it seems to work ok. 

Posted by James40 on 12/01/2011 10:18:59:

Why did e-flite stop making warbirds?

I understand that they lost the contract with the Vietnamese factory that produced the likes of the Sea Fury and P-38 and the moulds were destroyed, That's why they are starting to make silly money on Ebay now

Pete

Just thought I'd do an update in my experiences with this supplier. As I mentioned above I ordered two 3s Lipos. And as I said they were delivered very promptly.
I fitted new connectors to them - 4mm - and set about charging themto use last weekend. However, one of them would not balance properly - one cell only reaching 4.09v. So on Monday I rang Squadron Leader and explained my problem. They were very helpful and asked me to return the battery to them. With one thing and another I couldn't post the battery off to them until about midday Wednesday. I got home from work tonight - and there is apackage containing anew replacement Lipo - Mrs BEB saying it arrived early this morning - less than 48 hours after I returned the other one.
Well done Squadron Leader . Excellent service - I'll certainly be back!
BEB

Posted by Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 21/01/2011 18:34:58:
Just thought I'd do an update in my experiences with this supplier. As I mentioned above I ordered two 3s Lipos. And as I said they were delivered very promptly.
I fitted new connectors to them - 4mm - and set about charging themto use last weekend. However, one of them would not balance properly - one cell only reaching 4.09v. So on Monday I rang Squadron Leader and explained my problem. They were very helpful and asked me to return the battery to them. With one thing and another I couldn't post the battery off to them until about midday Wednesday. I got home from work tonight - and there is apackage containing anew replacement Lipo - Mrs BEB saying it arrived early this morning - less than 48 hours after I returned the other one.
Well done Squadron Leader . Excellent service - I'll certainly be back!
BEB
Ehh, no you won't. Unless you're quick. See my new post.