PSSA Gliding Events

Phil Cooke

Advert

Well, stole some shed time last night. batteries charged, and 1 airframe repaired (the powered one!). Having checked over the 'short term' repairs made last year to the Sabre - I am happy to fly it tomorrow. I will strip and re-cover at some stage though.

Had the nod from SWMBO to join everyone for tomorrow only, but have to be home by 4, therefore away by 2.

See you all there!

Tim - any chance you can post the directions to the tank track car park again??

Thanks

Olly

Cant find the old thread and pictures and on a phone right now -basically just head right up main st to the top and see the empire hotel. Turn right and immediate left to go around the back of fthe hotel - go up the hill all the way until you reach the halfway tram station. Just after that turn right and go down past the churchyard and join the marine drive - turn left ( one way ) and then after the cafe turn left up the tank track

Well I may not be with you all this weekend, but I have just checked my rota and booked a bit o spare leave and am now free to attend ALL 4 remaining events!!
(As long as SWMBO is willing to walk both dogs alone without me! - Malamute and husky so very strong!)

Best get my mojo going and be ready!!

Dave

I hope the wind keeps the skys clear for you guys this weekend, last weekend saw some very strange sea mist conditions the like I've never seen before. Looking up there was blue sky but looking sideways visibility was down to 200-300 metres, there are some interesting aerial pictures on the web.

Have fun ...

Thanks to all who attended our first fly for fun event of the 2015 season, it was great to see a full car park and so many new, exciting models on show.

A shame we had to cancel any flying today with the storm force winds (Andy Meade measured the winds gusting to 103mph on the edge this morning - certainly too much for any of our scale models so the decision to cancel was a no brainer with the winds shown at high strength with rain all day)

So I was very glad that yesterday was such a good one - none stop flying from 9:30am - 45-50mph winds on the most favoured slope with unbroken sunny skies for the majority. It was a day that will be remembered for maiden flights - I think I counted 9 in total, and all successful! Star of the show was of course Matt Jones with his magnificent Sea Vixen - a one off museum quality model - and a joy to see it in action - well done from us all Matt.

It's only 9 weeks wait until our next visit!! wink See you then.